Bus Support Functional Cons - Wholesale Product Management Governance Leader
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Reporting to the Wholesale COO, the Wholesale Strategy and Cross Border Governance Group works across the wholesale businesses to promote the One Wholesale strategy and to efficiently and effectively support governance for Wells Fargo's international platform and footprint. As part of this responsibility, the Cross Border Governance and Administration team will establish a Wholesale Product Management Governance function.
The Wholesale Product Management Governance Lead will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of the Wholesale Product Management Governance function and framework and its implementation across the Wholesale Lines of Business. The Wholesale Product Management Governance Lead will report directly to the Cross Border Governance and Administration leader.
This lead position would:
- Develop a Wholesale Product Management Vision and secure buy-in by Wholesale and LOB leadership. The Vision should promote a One Wholesale and One Wells Fargo approach across LOBs to deliver comprehensive product management capabilities and solutions to meet our customers' complex and evolving financial needs that align with our competitive position and strategic objectives
- Integrate Wholesale strategic planning efforts with product development and management processes to clearly link Wholesale products and services to strategic objectives, risk appetite, risk management programs, and enable effective prioritization of new business initiatives to promote investment optimization
- Define and establish product management standards under a consistent, disciplined Wholesale product governance framework that Wholesale LOBs and product support partners for which Wholesale is a distribution channel (e.g. Treasury, Merchant & Payment Services) will operate within
- Define a common product taxonomy and build out a consistent inventory for Wholesale (as a product owner and distribution channel), including defining appropriate levels of product granularity and required data elements so we can understand what products we offer, differentiation between products, and risk/performance attributes of all products offerings
- Establish governance processes around product data management and information flows to capture critical information that enables effective and efficient management of product and sales practice risk
- Establish escalation protocols for product-related issues, including issues identified through post-implementation reviews and periodic product portfolio monitoring reviews, to enable increased visibility and timely resolution of adverse customer experiences and potential regulatory issues
- Develop and provide the tools and infrastructure to support effective product management processes
- Partner with senior and/or executive management to influence the long-term strategic direction of the Business or Staff Group. Provides leadership in internal as well as Industry strategic planning activities.
- 12+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 5+ years of leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 10+ years of strategic planning experience
- Strategic, fluent, relationship builder, with flexible approach, who can work in direct partnership with senior leaders, leveraging strong influencing and presentational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders.
- Significant project management leadership and experience to ensure ability to track, manage and drive multiple strategic priorities at once.
- Ability to develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions, and develop a business case and an implementation plan
- Strong understanding of how to leverage reporting and analytics to drive strategy decisions and track activities.
- Ability to build strong, collaborative teams by providing consistent and timely feedback and staying committed to the development of both the team and team members.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed environment that requires input from multiple partners focused on attaining business goals.
- Solutions-based approach to problem solving and the ability to be persuasive
- Knowledge of the theory, standards and best practices of corporate/program governance, and their application to the banking industry
- Interpersonal leadership and influencing skills - ability to manage projects and to interact with colleagues at all levels to achieve goals without direct control over resources including a strong ability to prioritize issues
- Proven ability to be a thought leader within business/relationship arena, developing innovative, strategic, programmatic approaches to support line of business execution
- Strong, fluent, relationship builder, with flexible approach, used to leading teams and executives through complex, change management experiences
- Ability to work with varying sized teams across a broad range of activities (many of which will not report in to this group) with proven success at delivering exceptional results
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0058778 WHOLESALE BANKING
Back to top