Bus Risk & Control Assoc
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Control Quality Assurance and Certification is a central team within the Control Framework and interacts with other central risk teams, the divisionally aligned risk teams, and the control owners in the line of business. The program is expanding to cover all Wells Fargo Technology and Information & Cyber Security controls. High risk and regulatory initiatives and programs are prioritized however, we are responsible for all Control QA and Certification across Wells Fargo Technology.
We are seeking an experienced Technology Operational Risk professional to join our team and assist in evaluating existing operating processes, developing recommendations for control improvements, and driving continuous improvement of methodologies for Technology Controls. This is a strategic position that will engage with the multiple risk and control stakeholders / lines of defense across Wells Fargo Technology and the enterprise as a whole to enable a strong risk management practice and capabilities. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: general IT controls, risk and control frameworks, regulatory and industry standards (i.e., FFIEC, COBIT), and collaboration with partners to align and influence risk management control improvements.
Our environment continues to be one of heightened standards, raised risk consciousness, and regulatory requirements. As part of the First Line of Defense, this role provides support to ensure that Wells Fargo Technology is accountable for risks associated with its activities, current and emerging risk identification, measurement, assessment, control, mitigation, monitoring and reporting.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Control QA & Certification testing on high risk initiatives and partner with stakeholders to develop and implement control improvements to mature the technology risk and control framework across Wells Fargo Technology and the firm.
- Provide feedback on risk methodology, organizational interdependencies, and interoperability across risk and control partners to influence direction.
- Support a governance framework to provide transparency, accountability, and escalation of risk management related matters
- Produce detailed work papers documenting the control reviews performed, findings noted and description of how they were resolved.
- 2+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management demonstrated through work or military) or 1+ year in the foregoing or financial services industry and a BS/BA degree or higher in business or a related field
- 2+ years of compliance and controls testing experience
- Experience reviewing testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor, (CISA) Certification in Control Self-Assessment (CCSA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional, (CISSP) or other risk management discipline certification
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in creating and evaluating work papers and control evidence
- Experience in assessing risk, writing issues, and developing appropriate corrective actions.
- Strong risk and control fundamentals, knowledge of frameworks and methodologies, common implementation challenges
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-SF-South Of Market Area: 45 Fremont Street - San Francisco, CA
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top