Branch Manager, WFAML, Paris Branch
Wells Fargo Asset Management, a division of Wells Fargo Wealth and Investment Management, strives to help clients achieve their financial goals through top-tier investment options managed by specialized investment teams that are supported by independent risk management and backed by superior, collaborative service. With more than $504 billion in assets under management as of January 12, 2018, Wells Fargo Asset Management has 29 autonomous investment teams with specialized expertise and proven processes, more than 500 investment professionals, and a global reach with offices and clients around the world.
Wells Fargo Asset Management Luxembourg (WFAML) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced financial services professional to oversee the effective running of the Paris office.
The primary areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
- Day-to-day management, supervision and control of the branch's activities in France:
- Perform governance, managerial and administrative functions for the branch, including supervision of support activities, office management, business continuity plan, invoicing, review and signature of contracts, onboarding of service providers, minutes taking and others as relevant.
- Act as primary point of contact with the French regulator(s), attend meetings with regulator(s) and address queries where relevant
- Work with the other local team members in ensuring that the branch fulfils the regulatory and corporate requirements (compliance, financial crime, operational risk, sales practices, etc.)
- Oversee the activities performed by the local staff members and act as local escalation point
- Ensure adequate and timely reporting to the regulator(s) and tax authority
- Coordinate audits on the branch and other testing as required
- Represent the branch in front of the relevant committees where required
- Liaise with and provide regular updates to WFAML's Head Office and Conducting Officers in Luxembourg including reporting to the WFAML Board where appropriate.
- Assist WFAML's Head Office in any other strategic, tactical or operational initiatives.
- Effectively manage WF brand and reputation.
- Promote and ensure "One Wells Fargo" approach" to maximize the branch performance.
- Other Duties as Requested.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of the firm's products and services as well as the overall local regulatory environment.
Market Skills and Certifications
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experienced in Asset Servicing (including UCITS, AIMFD)
- Prior management experience
- Ability to cover and oversee different responsibilities and missions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication skills.
- Independent, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding and relevant experience of the Compliance requirements for Asset Management.
- Interest, understanding and experience in Marketing and Asset Management strategies/products.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with teams, management and peers.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a time pressured environment.
- Legal and/or management degree.
- Proven team player who works hard and is also a team and individual contributor.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Preferred Skills:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office tools (or equivalent).
Back to top