Basel Qualification Manager
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
This position reports directly to the Manager of the Basel Qualification Group. The Basel Qualification Group is part of the Capital Management organization within the Treasury Division of Wells Fargo. The team is responsible for working with the Enterprise Basel Team and Corporate Basel workstreams to ensure Wells Fargo maintains compliance with current and proposed regulatory capital rules and to provide an annual assessment of Wells Fargo’s qualification status to the Board of Directors. The team is also responsible for providing governance and oversight of advanced system changes, adjustments to RWA and capital, non-material portfolios and ensuring compliance with the Regulatory Capital Qualification Policy.
The Basel Qualification Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following items:
Provide leadership, direction and management to the team to effectively maintain and execute the following processes:
- Gap Assessment
- Compliance Rationale Documentation
- Issue and Project Management
- Quarterly Qualification Assessment & Board Approval
- Work with the reporting team to provide Basel Working Group, Capital Reporting Committee, Board of Director and other required reporting
- Develop agenda and materials to ensure productive Basel Working Group meetings
- As required, work with Corporate Basel Workstreams to develop, monitor and report status of work effort to implement new or changed risk-based capital rules
- Maintain and publish consolidated schedule of Agency and WFAS examinations and overall Qualification Calendar
- Coordinate with Basel Qualification Policy team to develop, publish and maintain standards, required process and guidance documentation
- Maintain ongoing weekly and monthly reporting of team activities and schedule
- Continuously examine processes for opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Partner with Basel Qualification Group leadership team to identify and implement opportunities to improve the quality and effectiveness of qualification processes and procedures
- Manage team SharePoint site by ensuring maintenance of fresh and relevant content and maintain requirements documentation for SharePoint development team
- Provide support as necessary in WFAS and Regulatory examinations
- Execute and manage additional special initiatives as needed
Additional responsibilities may include: Responsible for, directly and through subordinates, the analysis of business performance/risk exposure for a business group. Duties may include; directing and coordinating the various activities related to assessing and predicting business performance through business analysis and/or modeling; determining policies and strategies that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes credit and/or operating losses and other risk exposures; managing modeling and data analysis, credit scoring and/or risk management. Exercises usual authority of a manager including selection and development of staff. Occasional travel will be required.
- 7+ years of finance experience
- 5+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding BASEL, Risk Appetite and stress testing
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Project skills
- 5+ years of program management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong foundation of project and program management skills combined with business acumen, analytical ability and consulting experience
- 3+ years’ experience interacting with regulators
- 3+ years of working with financials / accounting aspects of credit or traded products
- Demonstrated bias towards action
- Self-starter with ability to work in an evolving environment
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member in a virtual team environment
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top