AVP for Operational Risk Management (ORM 2)
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
Community Banking Centralized Supervision (CBCS) is a Front Line Group Risk function responsible for providing required supervision within the Front Line Control Group committed to, and viewed as integral, by key stakeholders including external auditors, regulators, Independent Risk Management and WFAS.
About the Role
This senior risk manager position will lead the CBCS group at Risk Services EGS Manila location. The incumbent is responsible for developing, implementing, executing, and monitoring of a risk-based supervision program within the Front Line Control Group focused on sales and service conduct, operational, compliance and emerging risk mitigation across the Community Banking footprint.
- Building, leading, developing, and engaging a team of operational and compliance risk professionals.
- Development, implementation, execution, and monitoring of risk-based Front Line Control Group supervision program, including performance triggers, measurement of initiatives and program effectiveness while maintaining a strategic perspective.
- Conducting independent and objective supervision within the Front Line Control Group ensuring strong and appropriate sales, service, compliance and operational behaviors, activities, and practices are followed while providing guidance, consultation, and advice on performance trends, triggers and results, including direction, leadership, guidance to ensure successful implementation and execution of Community Banking initiatives/practices relating to controls and efficiencies specific to sales and service practice risk, as well as identification and implementation of opportunities to improve policies, processes, procedures, tools, and training.
- Providing independent and objective assessments and recommendations to senior leaders including Region Bank Executives, Lead Regional Presidents, etc.
- Partnering, collaborating and developing strong relationships with other Senior Leaders in the Front Line Control Group (i.e. Support and Product Groups, Regional Services, ROSA); Independent Risk Management (RBCOR, CRR, SSCOT, Investigations, Legal); Audit Services, and Regulators to influence and improve sales and service conduct, operational and compliance risk mitigation and identifying opportunities to improve processes, policies, and tools.
- Lead a team of professionals in executing key operational objectives throughout the group and develop resource plans and effectively allocate resources.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Candidate must be a graduate of any degree in College (preferably in Business, Economics, and Finance)
- Candidate must have 12+ years of overall experience in large financial companies of which:
- 10+ years of compliance and/or operational risk management (includes experience with direct accountability for compliance or operational risk) and Business Banking (sales, sales support, and client support experience) or any combination thereof
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to attract, retain, develop and motivate high performing professionals and teams
- Ability to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas
- Banking/financial services experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Good understanding of Retail compliance controls, risk management and loss prevention
- Experience in Operational Risk Management in Financial Services Industry
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess strong collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- Professional certificate in risk management (Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner, etc.)
- Candidates must be flexible on shift schedule
- Work location: McKinley Hill, BGC, Taguig City
Back to top