Associate Relationship Manager
Corporate Banking Group – Industrials Group
The Industrials Group within Corporate Banking is seeking an experienced associate focused on business development for large corporate banking customers. Key responsibilities of the Associate Relationship Manager include:
- Supports the development of client relationships and coverage efforts within the Industrials industry
- Proactively communicates with internal team members, product partners and clients
- Develops understanding of credit risk
- Develops knowledge of WF product suite capabilities
- Responsible for developing presentation materials for client meetings and internal discussions
Other duties may include:
Representing the bank in developing and maintaining client relationships
with smaller/less complex clients; actively participating with more senior staff in the completion of transactions for the
most important clients; reviewing and interpreting credit policies and procedures and incorporating requirements into
credit analysis, observations and lending recommendations. In support of more senior staff, performs or guides credit
underwriting work of more junior staff in accounting for all risk factors and providing risk rating recommendations.
Responsible for developing presentation materials for client meetings and internal discussions; may take ownership
of and lead follow-up items with a client after a call; sees items through to resolution to support broader deal
team/organization. May direct junior members of team to help with client meeting material preparation.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: underwriting, credit, relationship management, or portfolio management; or successful completion of Wholesale Credit Management Training Program
- Strong accounting skills and ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of initiative and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0003325 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top