Associate Manager - Private Client Group
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation's third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Associate Manager position is within Wells Fargo Advisor's Private Client Group. Through hands on training in the Branch Manager Leadership Program (BMLP), the Associate Manager will be responsible for assisting a Manager (also known as the Host Manager) in the management of a PCG metropolitan area and will work with the Host Manager to develop their skills in all aspects of branch leadership.
The BMDC program is led by the Private Client Group and administered by the Training and Development Department in cooperation with the Market Manager. This program may last up to 3 years and is designed to prepare the Associate Manager to apply to nonproducing Branch or Complex Manager. Participating in the Branch Manager Leadership Program is a development path that will prepare candidates for all aspects of running a branch or complex.
- Market and promote the firm's image in the local community
- Develop business plans to seek opportunities to grow market share and manage profits
- Create an inspired, unified and motivated branch team
- Recruit, select and retain new and experienced Financial Advisors
- Coach Financial Advisors to grow their practice
- Manage branch profitability
- Supervise and protect the interests of clients and the firm
- Actively position your office and the firm as a leader within your community
Selected candidates must be willing to relocate with assistance while in the program. Financial Advisors will be required to transition their book of business within a three month period of starting the program.
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 or 7 and 66 exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in a financial advisement or branch management environment
- Experience supervising or providing work direction to a team
- Ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to foster effective partnerships and innovations
- 4+ years of financial services industry experience
- 4+ years of sales experience
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Knowledge and understanding of investment products and services
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition to state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Wells Fargo will initiate financial and criminal background review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Registration for FINRA Series 9/10 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Registration for FINRA Series 65 (or 66) must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0163166 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top