Apps Systems Engineers 5
The Application Systems Engineer 5 is part of the CORE Business Process Management (BPM) team within the Consumer Lending Technology group of TOG. This position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology professional wanting to not only contribute excellent code but also develop and extend an existing web-based user interface, automated workflow, and business integration services in a cutting edge development environment that is focused on the next generation development platform within Wells Fargo. The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for leading by example, the day to day application of proven patterns and practices, and influencing change within the program to produce measurable results. This position is ideal for technologists that desire a challenge to make a difference in a mission-critical technology group by creating a new standard in development activities. The ASE 5 role will act as a senior developer, particularly in the area of business process automation and human task routing and will provide design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Also works with technical leads, business analysts, other system analysts, DBAs, infrastructure and other cross-department teams to evaluate business needs and provide end-to-end technical solutions. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex software platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications.
- Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging during QA cycles. Work with QA teams to conduct integrated (application and database) stress testing, performance analysis and tuning.
- Leverage industry (BPMN, Java, J2EE) best practices to design, test, implement and support a multitier origination BPM/J2EE/Rules-based solution working with an Oracle DB.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Lead small teams of developers, allocate/manage resources and provide guideline/directions for the work of less experienced staff.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area;
- Hands-on development experience is critical to this role and will constitute a majority of the responsibility.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to see and find efficient and cost effective opportunities for change.
- Must be a professional developer that understands proven development patterns and practices.
Must be willing to leverage existing development best practices to drive measurable results within a program including:
- Reduced defect rates
- Increased development velocity
- Reduced code complexity and duplication
- Reduced rework and carryover
- Increased best practice utilization and reduced violations
- Must possess real world examples of improvement including what was the challenge, how the challenge was addressed, and why the approach was successful.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of JavaEE experience
- 2+ years of BPM development experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2+ years of Hibernate experience
- 2+ years of Spring experience
- Oracle experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage banking: origination, sales, operations, and fulfillment processes
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing automated workflow or BPM-driven applications with any of the following: IBM BPM, Lombardi Teamwork’s, Pega BPM
- Experience working with and leading a geographically dispersed team
- Interactive capturing of requirements into business integration services and application UI
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with UI/Web framework such as AngularJS, Spring MVC
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Facilitation of design discussions and requirements elicitation with the business
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top