Apps Systems Engineer - Microservices Developer
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
As one of the Application Developers for the Global Expansion technology, this team member must have an understanding of International banking branch products and processes. A candidate will be required to have experience with integrated development using Java technologies working with Oracle databases. This team member will be responsible for extensibility development on the Oracle FLEXCUBE set of products using the Model-View-Controller architectural pattern (which also include working in close interaction with rest of DEV team members and interaction with Oracle vendor team).
In addition, this team member will:
- Document the various updates made to the product, based on business functional and non-functional requirements, then work with other members of development teams to socialize and update design.
- Work with the analyst team in understanding the requirements and in creation of the JIRA tickets for DEV effort and prioritize them to meet up to the DEV, testing and implementation timelines
- Involved in issue resolution and debugging the code for issues that may come up during testing and in Production
- Understand BCP, quality assurance, information security and compliance requirements and analyse changes for risk to the environment.
- Follow the coding standards applicable within Wells Fargo Technology
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Spring experience
- 5+ years of MVC (Model-View-Controller) Framework experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 12+ years of application development experience with Java interacting with Oracle databases
- Experience of development in large banks
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- 3+ years of SharePoint and Wikis experience
- 3+ years of MQ Series Messaging/KAFKA experience
- Experience with enterprise system monitoring and high availability architectures.
- Familiarity and experience operating in an enterprise environment using formal procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution.
- Able to navigate through a rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Summarize and escalate issues to senior team leads and leadership
- Previous microservices experience is desired
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top