Apps Systems Engineer 6 - Quants Platform Administrator
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Model Risk Technology team within Enterprise Risk and Finance Technology organization is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer with Quants and Machine learning background from systems administration perspective. This role will support the Model Validation platform which is leveraged for validation of Statistical, AI/ML, NLP Models developed by Model Development COEs across the enterprise. Primary responsibilities will involve working with Data Scientists within the Model Validation group supporting the platform built on top of multiple technologies like Horton works, IBM Spectrum Conductor for Spark, Watson ML Accelerator, GPU Clusters, Python,R, Scala, Anaconda and used to build tools for validators using suite of state-of-the-art quantitative analytics software and machine learning algorithms like Gradient Boosting (various implementations), Random Forest, and Neural Networks (especially Deep Learning NN's involving recurrent, convolution, and LSTMs needed for modeling time series and dynamic processes).
- Act in the highest level technical role as an individual contributor and team lead for complex computer applications and/or application initiatives.
- Develop foundational infrastructure for data analysis and machine learning pipelines.
- Administration and Support the Model Validation Platform.
- Partnering with Validation and development teams to streamline the Model development and validation processes.
- Support the business on Validation efforts and troubleshoot and provide guidance to validators on best practices and optimization techniques.
- Partner with the LOB Validation/development teams to deliver technology solutions to address complex business requirements.
- Work with business and technical leaders, sponsors, and analysts on problem understanding, requirements and architecture discovery, analyze complex business requirements, data analysis and modeling, design and write functional and technical specifications.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Streamline build and release activities.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 5+ years of development experience with languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or R
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical methods used in: statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of building and executing a technical roadmap
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies: used in waterfall or Agile development projects
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in technologies like Python, R, Scala, ML/AI tools like Data robot, Domino Data, IBM Watson ML, Jupyter notebook
- 3+ years of experience with HortonWorks or MapR Hadoop, Hive, Ranger, Knox
- 2+ years of experience with GPU Computing (CUDA), IBM Spectrum Conductor for Spark or Job scheduling and resource management tools.
- In depth knowledge of HDFS, Hive, and Spark in hybrid CPU/GPU environments, with PySpark, SparkR/Sparklyr, and H2O Sparking Water. BigDL and Intel's Analytics Zoo a plus. IBM Spectrum Conductor for Spark (Spark on EGO) a big plus
- Knowledge of common frameworks - Airflow, MLFlow, Kubeflow a plus
- Excellent understanding of microservice architectures, with emphasis on data intensive applications, and in-depth understanding of authentication and entitlements for applications on sensitive data. gRPC, Kafka, Redis a plus
- Knowledge of traditional HPC. MPI and workload managers. Slurm, LSF, Symphony a plus
- Exceptional knowledge of Unix administration and packaging of scientific applications with conda
- 2+ years of DevOps experience (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, Puppet)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top