Apps Systems Engineer 6
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website
Enterprise Functions Technology is responsible for supporting enterprise technology initiatives related to messaging and collaboration, risk technology, corporate systems data, and various internal systems and tools. Our services include support for database administration, data warehousing, email, Intranet, system development tools, HR systems, and General Ledger systems.
About the Role
Require a Senior Tech lead for platform design and build activities, responsible for driving the design and development of Authorized Provisioning Points (APPs) for the Risk & Finance core services team. Requires to implement leading tools and principles in data warehousing to deliver an effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data environment. Requires to drive both near-term data to satisfy regulatory requirements while strategically creating the APPs.
The person that fills this position will be a vital part of our team and will be responsible for converting technical requirements into outstanding design.
- Design, develop, document and deliver APPs
- Working knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, data warehousing, DBA & Exadata
- Hands-on experience in working with Hadoop Distribution platforms like HortonWorks, Cloudera, MapR
- Expertise in newer concepts like Apache Spark and Hive
- Complete knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Hadoop Common
- Designing web services for swift data tracking and Querying data at high speeds
- Work with Hadoop Log files to manage and monitor it
- Responsibilities also include:
- participating in and/or leading management information capabilities development work;
- Interpreting and presenting results of analyses and recommendations to senior management.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies.
- Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- To a certain degree, may be involved directly or indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or data visualization.
- Leads project/virtual teams & mentors lower level staff.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; 6+ years of analytics experience
- 8+ years of Big Data experience
- 8+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 8+ years of Oracle experience (Oracle 10/11G/12C)
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle Exadata
5+ years of agile software development techniques
- 5+ years of source/version control tools experience
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top