Apps Systems Engineer 5 - Sr. Java Developer
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
A team member in this Sr. Application Developer role will act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and technical direction to less experienced staff
- Developing enterprise web services for Wealth and Trust business domains
- Adhering to Software Development Lifecycle policies and procedures
- Understanding the business requirements, goals, and objectives and building solutions that meet the business need
- Providing on-call 24x7 production support
- Improving processes to make them simpler, faster, and more secure
- Staying current on new technology
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Web Services experience
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Spring experience
- Brokerage or wealth management experience
- Trust experience
- Agile experience
- Git or GitHub experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Developing applications for Pivotal Cloud Foundry or other cloud platforms
- Swagger or Open API specification experience
- SQL Server and Oracle experience
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery automation experience
- Ability to travel domestically
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top