Apps Systems Engineer 5 - ASP.Net C# Developer
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Brokerage Technology is looking for a Senior Apps Systems Engineer to be responsible for technical consultation and leadership in development, production support, maintenance and project delivery for Quality Advice & Research IT Services Group. This position will be heavily engaged with agile and be expected to operate fluently within both agile and waterfall-based teams and processes. Working closely with stakeholders, the candidate will be expected to analyze complex requirements; design and document technical specifications develop new and/or maintain complex code focused on solving business problems. The candidate will verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, execution of unit, integration and system tests and debugging. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of business continuation plans. Acts as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting; provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff in the resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production application or system issues.
TThe successful candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated understanding of the system development lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively in either Waterfall and Agile environments
- Ability to partner and communicate with technology departments and other related project management teams
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical setting
- Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic environment and react to changing priorities
- Ability to author clear and accurate system design deliverables, along with other artifacts required by Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) expectations
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of various factors
- Ability to lead troubleshooting related to production incidents related to applications owned by the team
- Ability to work on-call at times as assigned for Production Support duties related to the team
- Ability to translate complex technical designs and issues into business terminology and communicate with business stakeholders at various levels
- Ability to effectively collaborate, manage and lead technical developers in a geographically dispersed environment
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 6+ years of application development experience with ASP.NET(C#)
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 6+ years of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
- 5+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 2+ years of financial industry experience
- Brokerage or wealth management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of application design and development in a client server architecture
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology architecture design concepts, strategies, and standards
- Ability to coordinate, lead and facilitate group meetings
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience as a Scrum Master in Agile environment, familiar with both Scrum and Kanban principles and practices
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top