Apps Systems Engineer 5
- Minneapolis, MN
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking Technology, part of Wells Fargo Technology, is seeking a seasoned .net developer that will focus on the digital channels technology team to support the wholesale customer Self-service platform applications. This position is for a .net developer who will maintain and develop new functionality for the business for the full life cycle of projects from evaluation of complex business requirements to design, coding, and testing of solutions, utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
The candidate must have hands-on experience in application development and maintenance, technology strategy and have the ability to bring innovative yet practical ideas to the organization and the ability to communicate ideas to all levels for support, adoption and implementation. Candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to apply core development principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications.
This candidate is required to serve as an individual contributor on delivery, collaborate with other team members and interface with upstream/downstream application teams. Successful applicant will have to multi-task in a fast-paced team oriented environment while development and implementation of highly complex Internet and intra-net applications. This requires leveraging advanced knowledge and experience with .net MVC and Java script. Strong technical skills will be required to succeed in this role.
Other duties will include:
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system design, potential issues, and, impact analysis for each project
- Provide expertise about standard practices on coding standards
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for the developed applications
- Review Requirements Documents and develop implementation strategies that preserve the availability, performance, integrity, stability, and scalability of systems
- Produce architecture and design documents to effectively communicate the solution to the business and provide direction for the development teams and infrastructure partners
- Work with business and technology partners to prevent or solve difficult availability and performance problems
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs
- Research new innovative tools and technologies and lead proof-of-concepts to drive adoption
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 4+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 3+ years of .net experience
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- React and WRIA 3 experience
- 2+ years of experience in production support for a web intranet application including troubleshooting and fixing production defects
- Ability to lead and facilitate design sessions, code reviews, application builds and unit testing with development team
- Experience with a wide application of technical principles, practices, and procedures to multiple applications or a component family
- Experience with TFS, GitHub
- Experience identifying and remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Should be well versed with test driven development and be knowledgeable on associated tools and practices
- Should be able to understand business requirements and translate to technical design
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals within all levels of technical and non-technical skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in production support and production applications status monitoring tools
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top