Apps Systems Engineer 5
The Applications Systems Engineer 5 will be in integral part of the overall CORE team within the Consumer Lending Technology group of TOG. Acts as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
This position is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technology professional wanting to not only contribute excellent code but also develop and extend an existing web-based application, business integration services and general coding standards, techniques, and procedures in a cutting edge development environment that is focused on the next generation development platform within Wells Fargo. The successful candidate in this position will be responsible for leading by example, the day to day application of proven patterns and practices, and influencing change within the program to produce measurable results. This position is ideal for technologists that desire a challenge to make a difference in a mission-critical technology group by creating a new standard in development activities.
Must be willing to leverage existing development best practices to drive measurable results within a program including:
- Reduced defect rates
- Increased development velocity
- Reduced code complexity and duplication
- Reduced rework and carryover
- Increased best practice utilization and reduced violations
- Must possess real world examples of improvement including what was the challenge, how the challenge was addressed, and why the approach was successful.
This is an exciting group that is ever changing and growing. The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible and thrive in ambiguity. He/She must have the ability to adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of Hibernate experience
- 3+ years of Spring experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 3+ years of Oracle experience
- 3+ years of SQL experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience working on UI development. May include one or more of the following: AngularJS, JQuery, Dojo, JSP, JSF etc.
- 4+ years of experience applying design patterns
- 3+ years of experience using xml and web services using java based technologies
- Sound understanding on middleware using MQ/JMS concepts
- Experience using caching mechanism using java based technologies
- Experience using Quartz job/schedulers
- Experience configuring MQ and WebSphere
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated to see and find efficient and cost effective opportunities for change.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0069234 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top