Apps Systems Engineer 4 Java Developer
The Financial Systems and Technology (FS&T) team within Corporate Technology supports Corporate Finance including Controllers, Wholesale Finance and Treasury; and also EIT-Utility Services with application support and development across the enterprise. The team is seeking an Application System Engineer 4 who has a passion of developing custom applications which support our internal business partners. This position will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting the applications for enterprise releases.
A successful candidate should be self-motivated/self-directed and demonstrate high proficiency in java application development and Oracle PL/SQL scripting. The individual will support and assist in the analysis and design of complex technical solutions including maintaining and modifying new and existing application modules, creating unit tests, creating necessary design documentation, participating in code review, researching production issues, testing support issues, etc.
The responsibilities include:
- Provides technical consultation and support to the business of Securities Operations and Accounting by developing computer applications and programs using Java, Oracle PL/SQL, Python etc.
- Analyzes business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced staff.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs written using Java, PL/SQL, Python or Windows scripting
- Participates in overall systems integration testing. Provides input and direction on scope of testing scripts. Maintains testing data for SIT and UAT environments.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots various Oracle performance issues (for both batch processing as well as end-user interaction) in the System.
Note: Preferred work location is Minneapolis, MN
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of Object Oriented experience
- 2+ years of XML (Extensible Markup Language) experience
- 2+ years of PL/SQL experience
- 1+ year of SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 2+ years of Python experience
- 2+ years of Perl or Shell experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Windows scripting
- Certifications in several of the following technologies: Java, J2EE, XML, Struts, Oracle etc.
- Banking/Financial industry working experience – Treasury experience a plus.
- Experience with Wallstreet Suite software product development experience.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0016312 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top