Apps Systems Engineer 4
Candidate will provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts. Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis to troubleshoot production support issues and determine resolution and root cause of issue.
- Design, develop and debug web-based applications, batch and services.
- Develop unit test plans, conduct unit testing
- Experience on full life-cycle development projects.
- Experience with source control management.
- Experience debugging SQL and/or stored procedures.
- Follow established development guidelines and best practices to maintain project deliverables.
- Familiarity with test driven development and associated tools.
- Prepare applicable system documentation and user documentation.
- Ensure application design and code meets user interface standards (windows and reports).
- Participate in design; update and development of design documentation as needed.
- Report project status to Project Managers, Tech Oversight
- Assist in and/or create Release notes to migrate code through various environments
- Conduct design walkthroughs, code walkthroughs as required
- Identify tasks and work effort estimates and provide to tech oversight and PM’s to assist in creation of project plan
- Provide project manager with ongoing assessment of risk and escalate issues as appropriate
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of C#.NET experience
- ASP.Net experience
- PL/SQL experience
- 4+ years of experience coaching and developing a team
- Ability to operate effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience working within a financial institution.
- Experience working within a wealth, securities brokerage, or retirement area.
- Definite plus if the candidate has experience with UNIX.
- Experience with Subversion (SVN), Visual Studios (VS2008, VS2010, VS2013), .Net Reporting Products (SSRS), SQL Developer and Enterprise Architect.
- Must be able to understand moderately complex business specifications and publish a technical design.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience delivering moderately complex projects.
- Experience in performing analysis to troubleshoot production support issues and determine resolution as well as root cause of the issue.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0119351 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top