Applications Systems Engineer 6 - Java Platform Engineer
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
Java Case Management Platform Engineer
The Wholesale Technology team is looking for an Application systems engineer to help drive efforts in some of the strategic areas of focus around automation.
The Application Systems Engineer should have a thorough understanding of Java application technologies, related tools, and existing designs. Will be working on most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variance factors. Plans, performs, and acts as the escalation point for the most complex platform designs, coding, and testing. Leads most complex multiple modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts. Acts as expert technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing, and implementation process.
This is a new program and currently on an expansion mode for 2019 and 2020 as part of a large scale Wholesale Technology transformation program to support our Wholesale client onboarding solution.
The platform responsibilities will consist of building and operating the core system solution supporting case management, rule management, workflow and process automation. Additional responsibilities include developing and enforcing standards, managing the application inventory and managing the deployment across multiple cloud environments.
Will ensure consistency and synchronization across infrastructure components. The ideal candidate will also work on performance optimization and maintenance by following operational procedures for maintaining technology as required.
Responsible for mentoring and development of team members. This includes but is not limited to developing career plans for team members, identifying opportunity areas for team members and developing action plans to turn these into strengths, identification of team building opportunities to improve interaction between team members as well as amongst peers within the business community.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite, and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5 + years of experience designing software solutions using software architecture design principles
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 3 + years of experience leading and executing complex technology transformational programs across an enterprise
- 8+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring Boot
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong technical expertise in Java, with specialization in Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate (or other persistence model)
- BPM experience with Redhat PAM (JBPM/Drools) and/or other Java based BPM platforms
- Knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
- Demonstrate the flexibility to work amongst diverse corporate environments, technical and non-technical audiences across the organization
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies.
- The ability to conceptualize automated solutions and understand the prescribed design architecture
- Ability to lead large business process automation efforts leveraging state of the art automation solutions
- The ideal candidate is someone that has a business and/or technology consulting experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top