Applications Systems Engineer 5 - ETL/Database Development Lead
We are looking for ETL development Lead or strong individual contributor in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology (Oracle 12g R2, Informatica Powercenter v10.2), tools (SqlDeveloper,github), Unix Scripting, and existing design methodologies
ETL Development Lead responsibilities include:
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Lead and guide developmentteam onInformatica based ETL architecture.
- Develop solution in highly demanding environment and provide hands on guidance to other team members.
- Develop & Implement an Informatica based ETL solution fulfilling stringent performance requirements.
- Collaborate with product development teams and senior designers to develop architectural requirements to ensure business requirements are met.
- Assist and verify design of solution and production of all design phase deliverables.
- Perform detailed data analysis to understand the source system data.
- Review physical Database objects including staging, materialized views, indexes provided by Data Modeler.
- Work with appropriate leads and review high level ETL design, source to target data mapping document and be the point of contact for any ETL related questions.
- Coordinate ETL and database development work with offshore ETL developers and conduct code reviews.
In addition, will have production support responsibilities of the data processing applications. Collaborate with Enterprise Availability Office (EACO), Wholesale Service Level Management, System Admins, Middleware Support, DBAs, Developers and other stakeholders relevant to addressing production issues.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of data warehouse experience
- 3+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 4+ years of experience with databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL server, or Teradata
- 4 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 3+ years of performance tuning experience
- 3+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
- 2+ years of default or loan servicing experience
- 3+ years of application production support experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Hadoop experience
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of outsourcing vendors and in-house software development teams focused on data solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System including business requirement design or review, release management support, test script development and execution, and system issue resolution
- Experience successfully escalating complex issues and tracking follow-through to completion
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of financial services products and business processes
- Experience with enterprise initiatives supporting regulatory mandates.
- Experience with cross LOB data distribution efforts
- AbInitio experience
- Willingness to work on-site at stated location on the job opening
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top