Applications Systems Engineer 5
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, Innovation, & Community Banking (PVSI & CB) business group was created recently to leverage and build on our strengths to deliver compelling and game changing experiences for our customers. The launch of this business division brought together six lines of businesses: Consumer Credit Solutions, Deposit Products Group, Innovations, Operations, Treasury Management and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels. The PVSI & Community Banking (PVSI & CB) technology organization is focused on bringing together technology teams across the firm focused on delivering the next generation of payments capabilities, advancing digital offerings, enabling innovation to develop new customer experiences & products and enhancing branch, contact center & ATM technology.
In your role, you will be a member of a team responsible for developing and managing a highly complex, high volume middleware services application handling 10's of millions of transactions daily. Our application processes and manages customer deposits, withdrawals, transfers, payments, and many other transactions from different lines of business in the bank, e.g. ATM's, Point of Sale (POS), branches, Online banking, and more. Our team develops complex, high performance, monetary transaction web services that process 10's of millions of monetary transactions daily. You will be part of the technical support group tasked with ensuring the application is available and performing within defined service levels, both production and test environments. You will:
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot complex web services software and related database, hardware, and network problems to maintain, restore or improve service quality and availability
- Analyze and resolve issues or may escalate as needed to meet established service level agreements
- Gather performance statistics and assists in determining hardware and communication tools needed to support projected transaction volumes, response time, and system availability targets
- Coordinate or leads projects associated with application installations, upgrades, technology refreshes, configuring the application infrastructure, conducting performance/load testing, and integrating with other service providers
- Provides status reporting, and creates, updates, and completes documentation
- Understand quality, security and compliance requirements for supported area and analyzes additions and changes for risk to the environment
- Support business continuity (BCP) and participates in testing and updating the plan
- Provides assistance and guidance to less experienced staff
- Participate in the on-call rotation in a 24/7 environment
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of Linux experience
- 3+ years of WebSphere experience
- 2+ years of Introscope experience
- 2+ years of AppDynamic experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Web Services experience
- 3+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of Apache experience
- 3+ years of JDBC experience
- 3+ years of JMS (Java Message Service) experience
- 3+ years of Performance Center or LoadRunner experience
- 1+ year of F5 LTM experience
- 1+ year of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Internet security protocol experience
- 1+ year of Splunk experience
- MQ Series Messaging experience
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top