Applications Systems Engineer 5
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Wealth Management is a fast growing specialty business within Wealth and Investment Management (WIM), one of the company's four main divisions. The Wealth Management Technology (WMIT) team engages in all aspects of design and development for the Wealth Management business. In addition, the team is responsible for much of the shared infrastructure and frameworks comprising the growing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservice.
Responsibilities for this Applications Systems Engineer 5 position include technical analysis, modern web and mobile UI/UX design, development, unit testing, and product quality assurance throughout the entire software development life cycle. WMIT routinely interfaces with the Operational Business units in the formulation of technical strategy and direction.
We are seeking and Engineer who will act in a strategic and development leadership role in Modern Web and Hybrid Mobile solution development, and maintenance of architectures for a line of business or infrastructure sub-domain that are in compliance with the WIMT Architecture and Enterprise Mobile Technology standard. The Engineer will act independently to recommend design and methods on new assignments, taking in consideration the diverse integration points with multiple systems and Enterprise services - decisions which will have a major day-to-day impact on area of responsibility. Additionally, the person in this position will provide technical leadership to the Enterprise Global Services (EGS) onshore andoffshore teams, and contract software engineers.
We are looking for a team player, who is results oriented and a strong leader - someone who is flexible and self-motivated.
- Acts as a development technical lead and senior hands-on developer to provide application design and consultation for junior developers, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable new technology, pair & peer code check-ins, secured code review, and maintenance of existing applications.
- Provides hands-on programming, application design, and architecture decisions from a delivery standpoint, building mock-ups and demonstrating them to the business users and others on the technology team.
- Assures security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Oversees maintenance and testing of the business continuity plan (BCP).
- Assists technology managers for successful project delivery based on dynamic and needs.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 10 + years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
- 5+ years of experience with multiple RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata or DB2 LUW
- 2+ years of experience developing and using RESTful Application Program Interface (API)
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of banking: private or wealth management operations
- Ability to interact with a diverse team
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of Java or .NET server-side web services integration experience
- 5+ years of experience creating and/or integrating with RESTful web services
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing responsive web applications using Angular, Angular CLI, or React
- 5+ years of LESS and/or SASS experience
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Hands on working experience with MVC frameworks
- Hands on working experience with TypeScript
- Hybrid mobile development experience
- Experience writing Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Experience with iOS, Android, or Windows 10 mobile app design and development
- Experience using Git/Github and/or TFS
- Experience using Xcode and Objective C
- Experience using Node and NPM
- BS or MS degree in Computer, or Information technology related degree
- Experience with full stack of web application developing experience
- Working experience with SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring and managing junior developers
- Results oriented with strong leadership skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top