Applications Systems Engineer 4 - Oracle E-Business Database Administrator
- Phoenix, AZ
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The Applications Systems Engineer 4 will provide leadership in database design, creation, tuning, implementation, and support of multiple Oracle databases for the Wholesale Technology Platform team & WFRails line of business. The Engineer ensures that all required patches are applied in a timely fashion, reviews major database additions or updates from the application team, maintains a disaster recovery environment that meets or exceeds the Recovery Time Objective, creates database backups, and generates clones for the test environments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison in working with management, development, infrastructure, and other cross functional teams to deliver end-to-end solutions as part of environment management.
- Optimizes the storage, performance, and availability of data for OLTP and OLAP systems; develops data architecture and database management policies and standards; serves as a high-level resource on database management issues; participates in the planning, design, and usage of data resources.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of experience in database design and administration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- 3+ years of SQL DBA experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years of Depth Experience with Oracle Database 12C, Oracle ASM, Weblogic, and E-Business
- Patch, install, upgrade, and maintain experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1.3 or higher applications and databases
- Ability to perform Oracle EBS applications and database administration functions (i.e. patching, monitoring, and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Good working knowledge in Oracle WebLogic and Fusion Middleware Applications 22.214.171.124 and above
- Strong technical knowledge of ERP R12 concurrent processing, concurrent managers, AOL objects, and System Administration
- Expert in SQL performance analysis and tuning
- Experience with Workflow, Workflow Mailer, and the Java Notification Mailer
- Excellent knowledge in ERP cloning, Apps/database refresh, and backup recovery of ERP applications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and high priority activities in a fast-paced environment
- Abilityto easily work with other DBAs and work closely with senior Developers
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to work on call as assigned
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IL-Rosemont: 9377 W Higgins Road - Rosemont, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top