APAC Line of Business Operational Risk Consultant
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco. Wells Fargo has approximately 286,000 team members in more than 35 countries and territories who support customers to conduct business in the global economy.
With more than 1,500 team members in APAC, Wells Fargo is continuously looking for opportunities to expand across the region. We serve middle market companies, large corporations and financial institutions, and capabilities include trade finance, FX, financing, capital raising & advisory and asset management. Our regional presence grew following the acquisition of GE Capital's Commercial Distribution Finance platform in 2016.
- Acting as an in-region LOB Operational Risk officer to provide operational risk advisory to the Line of Business teams
- Providing coverage for APAC Operations on the following Operational Risk Program:
- Working with the enterprise operational risk management tools to ensure an accurate representation of the APAC Operations risk profile (e.g. Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Loss Data Collection, Corrective Action Monitoring, Control Monitoring Review, Key Risk Indicators, New and modified products and initiatives, etc.)
- Providing support which includes being the primary coordinator and development while ensuring the Line of Business (LoB) is involved, and providing a credible challenge for the completion of Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA)
- Assisting the business in the implementation of Corporate Risk Management Programs or CRMP (for example, Business Continuity Management, Information Security, Technology Risk , Third Party Risk Management, Data Privacy, Records Management, Payments) to ensure related corporate policies are implemented effectively, and establishing appropriate mechanisms to provide oversight, governance and credible challenge.
- Contributing to the production of region-specific operational risk reports for regional and international governance and management forums. Role will work closely with the LoB Operational Risk Manager and provide assistance where needed, including tracking and coordination of Operational Risk events.
- Ensuring Wells Fargo in Asia Pacific meets all local operational risk-related legal and regulatory requirements as well as Wells Fargo enterprise and business line standards and requirements
- Coordinating and completing operational risk-related regulatory self-assessments and providing support to regulatory examinations of the Asia Entities
- Participating in / leading globally-driven operational risk-related projects and initiatives
- Providing training on operational risk-related topics when necessary
- Interacting closely with global, regional and local key stakeholders (business and support function management, internal and external audit, risks) to ensure a consistent and comprehensive risk based management approach
- Supporting the APAC Operational Risk team in the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program for Wells Fargo in Asia Pacific to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk while maintaining a balance between risk mitigation and operational efficiency; this will require working with and influencing enterprise and business line management and operational risk subject matter experts to identify, formulate and implement operational risk policies, procedures and controls for the respective Wells Fargo businesses and/or support functional areas in Asia Pacific
Market Skills and Certifications
Minimum Requirements :
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years' experience in operational risk and/or operational risk management related processes with at least half of that time having been spent in international financial center
- Qualities of character to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder groups including line of business management, other senior management, compliance and operational risk team members, internal auditors and regulators / examiners
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills providing effective updates to various levels of management, including experience in articulation of risks both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff, management, Internal Audit, and external regulators
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time
- Knowledge and a broad background in evaluating, measuring and managing financial and reputation risk arising from securities transactions, brokerage, fiduciary businesses and related operations
- Good understanding of the general operation of international financial markets, international trade, and the conduct of business on a cross-border basis
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top