APAC Counterparty and Credit Risk Analyst
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories .
The APAC Regional Risk group is responsible for the risk governance, leadership, and oversight of all activities in the region, ensuring compliance with established risk programs and policies on behalf of the Regional Risk Executive. The Risk Analyst will support the APAC Market, Liquidity, and Counterparty Risk Manager in managing Wells Fargo's regional risk strategy as it relates to Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, and Counterparty Credit Risk. The role will focus in particular on credit analysis of counterparties in APAC (mostly non-bank financial institutions) which are not covered by any other line of business.
- Underwrite credit and approve traded product limits for counterparties in APAC which are not covered by any other line of business. Counterparty types include Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Broker/Dealers and Insurance Companies.
- preparation of credit packages and annual reviews;
- working with multiple sales/trading desks to understand the business and risks being undertaken with these counterparties;
- Performing ongoing monitoring of counterparty quality and exposures including investigating trade excesses and exposure variations; limit increases; quarterly certification of existing ratings.
- conducting due diligence calls
- Negotiating or providing guidance in the negotiation of ISDA/CSAs, GMRAs/MRAs
- Take responsibility for developing region specific counterparty risk reports
- Daily monitoring of market, liquidity and counterparty risk limits
- Providing assistance in reviewing and coordinating new or modified initiatives or product processes in relation to risk matters arising from the growth and continued expansion of APAC's Wholesale businesses
Market Skills and Certifications
- University Degree
- 6+ years' experience in credit underwriting/analysis or market (fixed income) & liquidity risk management
- Experience in dealing with traded products including derivatives, financing trades and structures
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to partner with a wide range of colleagues including sales, trading, legal, operations
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Ability to write, organize, and present information in a clear and understandable format to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of time-sensitive tasks / meet deadlines
- Prior capital markets risk experience in a global financial institution
- Experience covering the Japanesemarket
- Experience in credit underwriting/analysis of hedge funds, money funds, non-bank financial institutions
- Experience negotiating legal documentation (ISDAs/CSAs, GMRAs/ MRAs)
Back to top