Analytic Manager 2
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we’ve built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what’s needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default/Performing Servicing team strives to help our customers achieve, maintain and sustain homeownership by advancing responsible servicing practices, focusing on the customer and striving for operational excellence.
Responsible for managing a reporting and/or analysis function or parts of a decision-strategies function within a business group or functional area. Decision-strategies function may include insight consulting, analytics/modeling, and/or database/information management, etc. Evaluates, recommends and implements strategies for developing and utilizing technical and/or analytic resources to enable initiatives and projects that predict, improve, support, and measure business success. This requires understanding of business objectives and underlying drivers to embed them into information, analytic, and data management processes.
Responsibilities include working with clients to define information needs and translating them into specific data/technical requirements to support business initiatives and projects; determining the required capabilities, tools and data; leveraging and developing multiple internal or external information sources; managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects and project teams; and maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures to insure data accuracy and integrity. Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Manages a team of lower-level specialists and/or lower to mid-level consultants.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead as example to effectively manage the teamwork effort across different sites and talent pools
- Design and implement complex analyses that may include data mining, predictive modeling, forecasting and segmentation techniques
- Proactively work with business partners to define information needs and translate them into an analytical framework to support business strategies and projects
- Provide thought leadership to transform data into information and strategic insight to assist leaders in decision-making for operational and process improvements to impact business outcomes
- Evaluate, develop and implement statistical, analytical and data solutions to enhance existing processes
- Initiate and develop analyses by leveraging multiple internal and external data sources
- Apply superior analytics with excellent presentation skills to discover and communicate key findings and articulate strategic implications & recommendations to senior management
- Ensure integrity of analyses through rigorous attention to detail and validation of data
- Responsible for managing a decision strategies function for a large business group or functional area
- Evaluates, recommends and implements strategies for developing and utilizing technical resources to enable initiatives that predict, improve and measure business success
- This requires a full understanding of business objectives and underlying drivers to embed them into data management processes
- Working with clients to define issues and information needs and translating them into specific data requirements to support business initiatives and projects
- Determining the required capabilities, tools and data, leveraging/building multiple internal or external information sources
- Managing and prioritizing multiple complex projects and project teams and maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies
- Manages a team that includes senior consultants
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 1+ year of management experience
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 3+ years of business intelligence experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3+ years self-service BI solution development leveraging tools such as Business Objects, Tableau, or Microstrategy
- Ability to research, analyze, compile, and summarize data that is used to recommend new strategies and solutions
- Possess skills necessary to learn and understand regulatory policies and be able to independently identify potential gaps in existing processes and/or reports
- Detailed oriented person who is focused on understanding the data behind the request
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and decision-support skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver quality products under tight time lines
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas through verbal and written communication
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, consulting and business partner management skills
- Ability to lead the team and influence partner decisions and drive the business impact
- Mortgage Industry Experience, particularly in Servicing
- Experience working with the MSP and/or SHAW loan systems
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0033538 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top