About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune's 2017 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo is seeking an Analytic Consultant, for our Planning, Risk and Control Team in Asia Operations. The incumbent will drive the regional risk and operations control related activities for the Asia Pacific region that covers 3 lines of businesses - Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking and Securities Operations. This role is expected to provide thoughtful insights in strengthening existing controls, as well as spearheading various regulatory activities and risk initiatives. The incumbent will work closely with the International Operations Control teams, governance functions within the second line of defense (e.g. Compliance, Operational Risk and various international oversight teams), as well as facing off Internal Audit. The role covers an extensive scope with key responsibilities as follow:
- To engage in Operations Risk and Control related strategic initiatives led by Asia and International Group
- To lead regional regulatory initiatives and events such as regulatory reporting and ad hoc requests from regulators in co-ordination with Regional Compliance team
- To implement and execute regular Quality Assurance program across Asia Operations which include controls review, testing methodologies validation, production process review etc.
- To support the Head of Planning, Risk and Control in management of Operations Risk, Compliance and Audit related liaison and initiatives
- The position will be based in Hong Kong
Market Skills and Certifications
- University degree holder with at least 5 years of experience in the Financial Services sector, preferably in the capacity of Operations Control and/or Operational Risk
- Experience in dealing with regulatory matters in financial institutions
- Possessed a control mindset and general Operational Risk knowledge
- Preferably with fundamental knowledge/experience in operations
- Self-starter, detail oriented and instrumental in ideas generation and execution
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to manage up, down and across with effective influential skills
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company.They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Back to top