Analytic Consultant 5
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The Enterprise Basel Team is part of the Controller’s Division of Wells Fargo. The team is responsible for producing quarterly management reports for Basel III, ICAAP/Economic Capital, Regulatory Schedules (FFIEC 101 FR Y-14Q), and other disclosures per Basel. The team is also responsible for providing responses to regulatory inquiries, studies and surveys proposed by the agencies, ad-hoc analysis for Basel/Capital initiatives, and participates in regulatory and audit reviews that include coverage of Basel related calculation and reporting.
The Analytics Consultant 4 position will support the Enterprise Basel Implementation Team in support of the Enterprise Basel Data Issues Identification and Resolution Team which is responsible for managing the process used to identify data issues and impacting Basel processes, calculation and reporting and working with the data issue owners to develop plans to remediate the open data issues. In this role, the person would also be responsible in identifying critical data issues that could lead to errors in regulatory reporting. The responsibilities may include the following:
- Develop and implementing policies/procedures/controls to effectively manage the scope of the Data Issue Identification Framework
- Responsible for analyzing complex reporting data to identify and report data issues that could lead to reporting errors
- Understand the capital infrastructure, OFSAA (Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications Infrastructure – OFSAAI) and its data model and be able to extract information necessary for analytics.
- Query/Extract, analyze, organize, and report data sets from multiple databases in order to support and validate Data Issues reporting while ensuring adherence to data management regulations and policies. Analyses may include but not limited to predictive modeling, regression/multivariate, financial, and/or comparative analysis.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to identify data issues impacting Basel and the assignment of these data issues to work streams / data issue owners
- Ensure root cause analysis are performed for high priority issues.
- Develop quarterly work stream level reporting containing complete list of all opened / reopened data issues with severity assignment changes and closed issues.
- Develop senior management reporting that includes a summary of all open data issues across work streams, target remediation dates for high priority issues and escalation of data issues requiring senior management attention
- Develop data issue remediation status reporting for senior management.
- Partner with other data issue management teams across finance to ensure consistency with data issue prioritization and reporting
- Ensures adherence to data management regulations and policies.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to perform requirements planning for Basel Implementation.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of consultative business analysis experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of financial services experience
- 3+ years of risk and regulatory compliance experience
- PL/SQL experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance requirements surrounding BASEL, Risk Appetite and stress testing
- 3+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
Other Desired Qualifications
Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing, and bank accounting/regulatory reporting requirements.
Detailed knowledge of the following regulatory reporting schedule
o FR Y-9C
o FFIEC 101
o FFIEC 0031
o FFIEC 0041
o FFIEC 009
Creation and validation of testing scenarios supporting the implementation of new Basel Regulatory Rules
Hyperion Essbase or OBIEE tool usage experience
Experience with bank management reporting
Foundational understanding of BCBS 239 Principles
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028897 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top