Analytic Consultant 5
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation’s leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
The Production Business Insights group delivers performance improvement by providing analytical support to our business partner’s highest priorities. In 2017, those priorities include: innovating and improving the customer experience, winning a greater share of the Home Lending and Enterprise Customer’s business, simplifying the business process for the customer and our team and lowering the Retail cost to acquire. As a Production Business Insights team member you will apply your considerable analytical skills to real business opportunities with real business outcomes.
The Analytical Consultant 5 position sits in the Sales Analytics team and provides advanced quantitative, statistical support to the team’s most challenging opportunities; examples include but not limited to: improving customer recapture, market/channel/lead optimization, recruiting effectiveness modeling.
The Analytical Consultant 5 is responsible for:
- Performing highly complex activities related to business analysis and/or modeling.
- Senior level consulting partnerships including delivery of findings and recommendations.
- Duties typically include providing insights, developing analytical strategies, performing analytical support and/or modeling regarding a wide array of business initiatives.
- Application of analytical, statistical modeling, stochastic and/or forecasting methods.
- Designs and leads some of the most complex projects/ analyses, generally spanning multiple products/business lines/functional areas/data sources and may involve extremely complex analytical application of industry-leading experimental techniques or exploratory data analytics.
- Focus on the theory and/or advanced mathematics behind the analyses.
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and/or products/services/portfolios to synthesize data to ‘form a story’ and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective.
- Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- To a certain degree, may be involved directly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis, modeling, and/or advanced data visualization.
- Leads project/virtual teams & mentors lower level staff.
- Preferred locations are listed on this posting but candidates in other locations will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive statistical modeling, analysis, optimization and segmentation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of home lending or consumer lending
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and present organizational metrics that drive business decisions
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to perform regression analysis as well as other statistical and performance analytics in SAS, R, Python or similar statistical tools and software
- Excellent work ethic, desire to see assignments through to completion
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 300 Highway 169 S – Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy – West Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212276 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top