Analytic Consultant 4 - Consumer Banking Control-Home Lending Servicing
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Consumer Control Monitoring & Surveillance Analytics is responsible for developing and implementing data driven self-assurance monitoring, reporting and metrics to increase and evidence control effectiveness. The incumbent will create risk detection and monitoring strategies across Home Lending Servicing systems, business processes, and interactions, using traditional risk analytics as well as advanced analytic techniques, such as machine learning. This foundation will in turn provide Home Lending Servicing leadership key metrics and insights to manage operational and conduct risk.
- Identify and implement data-driven, consistent processes of surveillance and supervision for servicing activities with a particular emphasis on operational risk and conduct.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and/or peers to develop robust actionable analytics to monitor operational and conduct risk.
- Leverage advanced data analytics to identify risk patterns and trends and provide insights on the effectiveness of risk detection and monitoring programs and processes.
- Responsible for supporting the roll-out of detection strategies and assessing them for optimization and efficiency opportunities.
- Leverage both structured and unstructured data and "Big Data" analytic tools and platforms to provide insight into risk trends and help improve risk and monitoring processes.
- Partner closely with leaders across Home Lending Servicing to identify and optimize the ongoing risk analysis and reporting necessary to support first line accountability for operational risk, conduct risk, and other key risk issues.
- Lead efforts in collaboration with First Line and Second Line of Defense groups to research, identify and implement workflow and real-time alerts capabilities.
- Leverage data and analytics to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development around sales supervision.
- Partner closely with other Home Lending Servicing Risk Management teams to support site reviews, compliance reviews and other activities providing data analytics as required.
The individual will join the Home Lending Servicing Core Analytics team within the Consumer Control Monitoring & Surveillance Analytics organization.
Successful candidates will have proven track records of developing actionable data analytics and data strategies to inform, influence, and drive business outcomes. Leadership, relationship management, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess strong data analytic experience and have strong interpersonal effectiveness with the ability to translate complex analytics in to easily understood insights. He/She must have strong understanding of business drivers and processes and be an effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and able to offer credible challenge as needed.
Preferred locations include: 7001 Westown Parkway West Des Moines, IA: however, All locations will be considered including but not limited to: 600 S 4TH ST MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55415; 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix, AZ 85029; 301 S Tryon St Charlotte, NC 28282 or 550 California St Sac Tower San Francisco, CA 94104
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years Business or Risk/Compliance Analytics role
- Knowledge of Home Lending Servicing processes, data and systems
- Prior experience working with analytic capabilities
- Effective leadership ability to drive successful execution of strategic plans; ability to plan, prioritize and set goals. Must possess strong collaborative skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically to senior and executive leaders and simplify the complex
- Ability to influence without direct authority, create and manage (while achieving results) large-scale change and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to execute effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including executive management, regulatory examiners and internal auditors
- Ability to lead through adversity and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated SQL skills to include the ability to write complex queries and database knowledge in order to analyze data sources across a variety of sources including but not limited to EIW, Customer Interactions, MDSS, CIS, HR, and STS
- Demonstrated experience with SAS, Python, R, TOAD or Teradata
- Demonstrated experience with SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Investigator
- Demonstrated experience with both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques
- Demonstrated experience with Big Data capabilities, especially Teradata Aster, Hadoop, and Spark
- Demonstrated data visualization experience using a BI Tool e.g., Tableau, Microsoft BI, etc.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Back to top