Analytic Consultant 4
Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs:
Our product is service.
Our value added is financial advice and guidance.
Our competitive advantage is our people. It all begins with outstanding talent.
In Consumer Lending, we've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The Consumer Lending team includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Dealer Services, including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Default Servicing team engages, understands and advises consumer real estate customers of available solutions to resolve mortgage delinquencies.
Wells Fargo Home Lending Servicing is looking to hire an Analytic Consultant 4 (AC4) for the Investor Operations Performance Analytics (IOPA) analytics team. A successful candidate for this position will have a detailed understanding of mortgage servicing operations and experience using technical tools (such as SAS) to identify areas of opportunity and provide actionable analysis. A demonstrated track record of translating complex business rules and system configurations into operational processes for analysis and operational risk mitigation is a must.
- Consults and performs very complex analyses/ analysis design involving data mining from multiple sources and/or predictive modeling, regression/multivariate, financial, comparative analysis, customer/demographic analysis, etc.
- Ensures adherence to data management/data governance regulations and policies. Data involved may be very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources. To a certain degree, may be involved directly or indirectly in the technical build-out and/or support of databases, query tools, reporting tools, BI tools, dashboards, etc.
- Responsible for consulting with partners to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into reporting and/or analysis designs, while providing consultative recommendations.
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles/mines data from multiple, cross business sources, recommend business intelligence solutions.
- Actively participates in or leads the development of report creation and/or analysis designs using descriptive statistics, data analysis, and process documentation; interprets results and recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Active participant in mentoring less experienced team members.
- Work closely with other analytics consultants to identify, design, and build appropriate queries and datasets for complex analysis requirements.
- The key to success will be the ability to act on past experiences, learn requirements quickly, and couple this with superior analytic, problem solving, and communication skills to discover and present key findings associated with complex analysis in a way that influences decision making.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of process analysis and improvement methodologies
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology governance risk and compliance processes such as; policies, control standards, risk management concepts, or information security
- Knowledge and understanding of conversions, system analysis, data mapping, conversion reconcilement, validation and implementations
- Ability to consult with business partners to define key performance metrics, dashboards or scorecards
- Ability to synthesize data to form a story and align information to contrast or compare to industry perspective and historical business trends
- Knowledge and understanding of data mapping, mining, or modeling
Other Desired Qualifications
- Skilled in the creation of ad hoc analysis for business purposes.
- Responsible for consulting with the clients to identify and define business requirements and translate business needs into analysis/report designs & recommendations.
- Ability to create ad hoc and re-occurring reports to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to research, compile, and perform complex analysis/trending on critical operational data.
- Ability to translate business needs into complex analysis, designs and recommendations. Uses analysis to identify and define business requirements, while supporting the validity of the final product.
- Ability to turn preliminary or ambiguous information, ideas, or problems into well defined plans, solutions, and test scripts
- Query, extract, analyze, and report data sets (from multiple databases) in order to support and validate management reporting, while adhering to data management regulations & policies.
- Identifies and recommends internal and external data sources, compiles, mines data from multiple, cross business sources; data involved may be very , structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- May provide guidance to less experienced team members.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0033538 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top