Analytic Consultant 4
Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) focuses on leveraging data as a strategic asset. Data is critical to Wells Fargo’s continued success, deepening relationships with our customers, creating a seamless and convenient multi-channel experience, and meeting our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs. EDA brought together the largest data warehouse and data & analytics groups from areas across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
Within EDA, the Enterprise Analytics Group is responsible for driving enterprise-wide analytics, analytic innovation and business intelligence consistency.
This specific position is for an Analytic Consultant 4 on the Business Intelligence Consulting team within Enterprise Analytics. This position will be responsible for providing senior level consulting, analysis, and insights to LOB partners. This position will leverage a number of tools to extract and analyze data. This individual will use business intelligence tools to develop visualizations to answer complicated business questions.
Specifically this individual with have responsibility to:
- Consult with clients to identify and define strategic business issues that require analyses and translate this information into insight, knowledge and understanding of the business and the industry.
- Take a high-level conceptual request from client(s), build it out through knowledge of the business and analytical methodology to deliver innovative, actionable insights
- Lead through all aspects of the analytics lifecycle from intake and defining a business problem to extracting data, manipulating data, generating insights, and summarizing “the story” for partners and leaders
- Deliver analyses, insights and decision strategies for a functional area with enterprise-wide impact
- Navigate multiple databases and perform complex analyses.
- Work with users to define business requirements and reporting needs while ensuring adherence to data management regulations and policies.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and be engaged on multiple initiatives, and therefore must have excellent prioritization skills.
- Leading and representing team on projects and key initiatives.
Location: NC-Charlotte; MN-Minneapolis; AZ-Phoenix preferred. Open to other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 5+ years of analytical experience
- 4+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 2+ years of relational database experience
- 4+ years of Tableau experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Process documentation experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects or large scale individual projects
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Experience with Information Security data classifications
- Tableau experience
- MicroStrategy experience
- Big Data experience
- Exposure to Wells Fargo data warehouses such as: EIW, BMG, MDSS, Hemisphere, IMS, SMS, or CMODS
- Knowledge and understanding of Teradata
- Knowledge and understanding of databases and data mining techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of database design/modeling logical and physical
- Knowledge and understanding of business intelligence solutions and implementations
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to learn new software and visualization techniques on the job.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0211585 CHIEFADMINOFFIC/CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top