Analytic Consultant 4
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Risk Analytics team is a centralized analytics team that provides deep analytic thought and rigor in support of Risk management for WIM. We are seeking a key leader in evolving the use of data science within WIM Risk Analytics team. This role will be focused on strategic risk projects (regulatory, legal, etc.) while also driving forward solutions across various risk domains (financial crimes, operational, investment). He/she will be a customer focused self-driven individual with a curiosity and eagerness to utilize analytical and technical capabilities to uncover meaningful insights that exist below the surface level. This leader will consult with partners across WIM Risk and build data driven solutions to support and influence decision making across the organization.
- Partner with the WIM Risk teams to discuss complex business issues that require in-depth analysis to drive insights and inform business decisions.
- Create end-to-end analysis (data or statistical) from data extraction to end-state manifestations, whether in a business intelligence solution or PowerPoint presentation.
- Utilize a strong technical, analytical skillset (SAS, SQL, Python, R, and Tableau, Linux/Unix) to navigate multiple data sources in order to extract the data necessary to perform complex analyses.
- Develop executive level presentations; turns data, analytics and insights into compelling visual effects that can be easily understood by business partners.
- Build strong relationships with business leaders through proactive communication, taking time to understand business needs while providing a consultative, analytical and punctual approach to problem solving.
- Manage project teams and provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Act as an equal partner and trusted advisor to the business by collaborating and engaging with WIM Business Intelligence, Modeling, and/or Data Integrity teams to bring the appropriate capabilities to the business problem.
- Interact and effectively communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to ultimately provide insightful analysis and convey findings in a clear and succinct manner.
- Interprets large quantities of data to provide insights that include recommended solutions to mitigate risk, reduce expenses, increase revenue, and improve operational efficiency.
- Is passionate about the power of analytics and believe in its ability to inform sound business decisions
- Combines superior analytic and problem solving skills with excellent communication skills, to discover and present key findings associated with complex analysis in a way that can be understood and influences decision making.
- Is capable of utilizing advanced analytical techniques to answer complex problems
- Has a deep passion for spotting emerging trends, breaking new ground, telling stories with data and statistics, and transforming ideas into new strategies.
- Can manipulate large amounts of data (millions of records) with ease and create structures to facilitate further analyses.
- Has a proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypotheses and make recommendations to a broader audience.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, including developing and giving executive level presentations.
- Has experience in the financial services industry with a focus on analytics.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of SAS programming experience
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- 2+ years of Linux experience
- 1+ year of Tableau experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Python, R or SCALA
- A BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with large databases (Teradata, Oracle), including how to query them effectively and create data structures
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with all levels of team members
- Relevant data/system experience within Wells Fargo data environments (BDW, TDW, EIW, etc.)
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
CA-San Diego: 401 B St - San Diego, CA
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 11601 N Black Canyon Hwy - Phoenix, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
0155091 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Back to top