Analytic Consultant 3 - Data Infrastructure
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk.We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wells Fargo Auto Line of Business (LoB) within Wells Fargo Consumer Lending is seeking an experienced Analytic Consultant 3 for the Data Infrastructure team within Compliance & Operational Risk (COR). This Consultant will execute on the implementation of the Compliance and Operational Risk Data Store, which will be the foundational source for data across the entire department. This position will construct foundational data structures, maintain daily load processes, and manage the Data Store. In addition, this position will prepare data for sampling populations and issue validation, which is a critical function in a regulated environment.
Key duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Execute on build-out of SAS-based data environment. In consultation with peers and managers, execute on the framework established for the COR Data Store. Use SAS, SQL, and UNIX to query data, profile data, build tables, and automate table load processes. Analyze trends in raw data to construct useful data structures based on actual profile of data and requirements provided by stakeholders. Exercise judgment in how table is constructed based on experience.
- Prepare population data for sampling and issue validation. Engage with management, business SMEs, Data Governance, and Operational Risk contacts to capture & define complex business needs. Translate these disparate needs into technical specifications. Develop repeatable data retrieval processes in SAS/SQL.
- Maintain documentation. In accordance with the framework established for the COR Data Store, ensure that all code, procedures, and packages are centrally documented, to include comments, diagrams, and written descriptions.
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- SAS Certified Base Programmer
- Auto Finance background
- 5+ years experience in Complex Oracle SQL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0163467 CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top