Analytic Consultant 1 - Law Department
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.8 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through 8,700 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 36 countries to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
As part of a Wells Fargo initiative to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Legal Department, an Analytics Consultant 1 role is being created to focus on reporting and data analysis. This individual will work with Legal Operations, Law Department leaders and attorneys, Supply Chain representatives, vendors, and Outside Counsel to manage, aggregate, manage, cleanse and report out on data related to spend, savings, and compliance. She/he will be tasked with enhancing our recurring reporting products based on the evolving needs of the Legal Department. The position will report to the Analytics Manager.
- Develop mastery over legal spend data, including legal matters, law firm & non-law firm vendor fees & expenses, matter lifecycle dates, task codes, timekeeper rates, diverse-firm & other identifiers, et al.
- Execute and enhance existing reporting as well as develop new reporting for Wells Fargo team members, both internal and external to the Law Department.
- Provide analytics for the timekeeper rate negotiation process and ensure the Law Department matter management system is updated timely and accurately for agreed hourly rates.
- Execute recurring reporting to Law Department leaders on Diverse spend, both for law firms and individual timekeepers.
- Partner with Law Department team members to enhance existing and develop new self-serve reporting in our matter management system (Passport).
- Compile/mine data from multiple sources to develop enhanced reporting for the Law Department.
- Collaborate on strategic initiatives for the Law Department.
- Form and leverage relationships with other Corporate Law Department teams for best practices.
- 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data, diagnosing opportunities, and providing interventions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to distill complex data into analysis that drive decisions
- Ability to translate business needs into analysis and/or solutions
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0149778 LAW DEPARTMENT
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top