Analytic Consultant 1
Let's talk about you
You have a proven track record of success but you're looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you'll find that opportunity. You'll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Let's talk about us
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune's 2015 rankings of America's largest corporations. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) is one of the company's four main divisions. WIM businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Let's talk about the job
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) strives to help investors achieve their financial goals through investment solutions managed by specialized investment teams and backed by collaborative service. WFAM's investment approach centers on autonomous investment teams that maintain their own independent research, idea-generation, and decision-making processes. Its independent investment risk management approach provides a consistent, unbiased framework for analyzing and balancing risk in portfolios. WFAM offers the expertise of over 29 investment teams—each focused on specialized, niche portfolio management strategies—that attempt to meet the diverse needs of our investors.
The new WFAM Third Party Service Provider Management Team acknowledges the increased requirements of managing third party providers and consistently applying third party policies and oversight of vendors in a uniform and robust manner. As the First Line of Defense (FLOD), we need to achieve risk management excellence when it comes managing our third party population. The development of this team will allow our internal partners to support each other and the various WFAM businesses in a more efficient and effective manner.
The position will be for a Third Party Service Provider Engagement Manager & Engagement Manager Delegate. Duties include:
- Acting as a First Line of Defense representative by partnering with WFAM businesses and other internal stakeholders to perform end-to-end management and governance of third party engagements and relationships, including but not limited to: risk assessments, administrative and technical activities required for onboarding, monitoring, and decommissioning third parties of varying risk levels (i.e. low, moderate, high risk) while adhering to Enterprise third party requirements
- Developing a working knowledge of the third parties, including a thorough understanding of third party services, contracts, and risks associated with the third party engagements
- Managing and monitoring third party risk through appropriate identification, escalation and remediation
- Providing review/monitoring of third party performance for adherence with contractual service level agreements
- Work with Supply Chain Management to initiate, renew, and terminate third party contracts
- Establishing management and performance oversight routines with third party
- Researching, compiling, and analyzing data to complete the Wells Fargo Third Party Service Provider Policy requirements and due diligence process
- Updating the Wells Fargo Third Party Risk Management System (TRIMS)
- 3+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience, or a combination of both; or a BS/BA degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data, diagnosing opportunities, and providing interventions
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology or information security (IS)
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in the asset or investment management industry
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0185588 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top