ALM Risk Manager 1
The Corporate Asset-Liability Management Group (ALM) performs quantitative analysis of the company's balance sheet behavior and has the primary responsibility of measuring risk and designing risk management strategies. Team members oversee the interest rate risk simulation model covering earnings-at-risk and economic exposures for Wells Fargo and the Company's major business lines.
Responsible for, directly and through subordinates, performing the most complex quantitative risk analyses to measure company Asset Liability Management (ALM) economic exposure, in support of management decision-making. Duties may include: integrating analyses of multiple businesses balance sheet performance and risk exposures to present company aggregate risk profile; evaluating alternative hedge strategies to mitigate market risk exposures and ad-hoc analyses for senior management; directing improvements to asset-liability management models and overseeing testing and implementations of recommended changes; model validation and proper assumption documentation; performing highly complex analyses to support due diligence in mergers and acquisitions; developing performance monitoring and benchmarks to improve asset liability management analytics at both a corporate and business unit level; developing tools and templates used for interest rate risk analysis at both a corporate and business unit level; direct team member risk analysts or risk consultants and/or serving as a leader on key strategic projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Modeling and reporting long-term interest rate risk measures (EVE and Duration Gap). The function includes the monitoring of the firm's exposure to basis, option, re-price, and spread risk from valuation perspective
- Performing in-depth research to explain drivers of monthly volatility in economic value equity and changes in duration
- Assisting in strategic projects by taking ownership of the individual pieces
- Provide leadership and mentor junior analysts in the team
- Explaining behavior of various balance sheet component leveraging ALM model (QRM)
- Leading documentation to support various risk models used to measure long term risk
- Leading development of tools and templates used for long term risk analyses
- Contribute towards performing analysis to support due diligence in mergers and acquisitions; preparing regulatory reports; and providing direction and oversight to less experienced analysts
- 5+ years of asset liability management analysis experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of C#
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
Other Desired Qualifications
- Programming experience in VBA or C#
- Experience in statistical or econometrical analysis with programming in R and or SAS
- Experience with valuation models, fixed income securities and derivatives pricing, hedging under ASC 815, borrower and/or depositor behavior modeling
Superior quantitative, leadership and critical thinking skills
Experience analyzing/forecasting cash flows and modeling balance sheet behaviors
Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated quantitative, critical thinking and leadership skills
- Experience in valuation of financial instruments
- Knowledge of financial modelling
- Knowledge of financial institution balance sheets and the impacts of interest rate risk practices
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office Suite
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028898 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top