ALM Risk Consultant 4
The Corporate Asset-Liability Management Group (ALM) is part of Corporate Treasury at Wells Fargo. The group is involved with balance sheet modeling and analytics. Team members oversee the interest rate risk simulation model covering earnings-at-risk and economic value exposure for Wells Fargo and the Company's major business lines. The team is also a key contributor to the CCAR process.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual with exceptional analytical, modeling, data management and communication skills to contribute to the Corporate ALM function in balance sheet modeling and interest rate risk management. Responsibilities will be focused on providing analytical support for various balance sheet products with a strong emphasis on deposit modeling. The candidate will also actively contribute to broader Corporate ALM deliverables.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop an understanding of PPNR models across the enterprise, and work with Corporate ALM team to implement in QRM software where appropriate
- Build, enhance and maintain product analytical capabilities with a particular focus on deposits
- Act as a technical expert on complex quantitative analysis
- Prepare and present analytical findings/models to key stakeholders and line of business representatives
- Work with data teams across the company to source and prepare data for analytical requirements
- Analyze systems of record data for information relevant to model assumptions and suggest changes justified by data
- Analyze balance sheet data to support business objectives including research/reporting on elements not necessarily used by QRM – e.g., new vs. previously existing loan reporting, new volume characteristics for comparison to model assumptions, etc.
- Partner with the QRM Operations and Balance Sheet Analysis functions within Corporate ALM to meet common objectives
- 6+ years of asset liability management analysis experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with funds transfer pricing concepts applied to indeterminate maturity products such as deposits and credit card loans
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements surrounding the management of interest rate risk, liquidity, and capital
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance, balance sheet fundamentals, interest rate risk, and financial instruments
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding quantitative analytical skills, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required
- Experience with modeling deposit rates and balances, and implementing models in QRM software
- Strong programming skills with SQL, SAS, MATLAB and/or R
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, prioritize tasks, learn quickly, provide superior customer service, and take on new challenges
- Experience forecasting and analyzing net interest income & balance sheet behavior
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Superior quantitative, leadership and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to partner effectively and work collaboratively with fellow team members
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using QRM or similar asset liability management models/systems
- Familiarity with Wells Fargo's general ledger and balance sheet/product offerings
- Knowledge of regulatory reports including FR Y-9C, Call reports, FR Y-14 Q/A or DFAST
- Proficiency in Hyperion Essbase, Access and VBA
- Experience with model risk management best practices
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028898 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top