ALM Risk Consultant 4
You have a proven track record of success but you’re looking for more. More responsibility. More challenges. At Wells Fargo you’ll find that opportunity. You’ll join a team of people who are smart and share your values. You can enjoy a diverse career as you learn and grow your capabilities across our multiple lines of business. Our supportive environment can help you make a difference within the company and the communities we serve.
Enterprise Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Enterprise Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
Wholesale ALM is an independent, trusted source of financial information and analysis that enables Wholesale Banking to understand and optimize capital, liquidity, and interest rate risks in order to enhance relationship value.
The Wholesale ALM team is seeking an ALM Risk Consultant to support the QRM & Stress Testing functions.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Perform a wide range of complex analysis related to balance sheet and risk exposures, particularly interest rate risk and stress testing.
- Define and coordinate ALM model solutions and enhancements.
- Assess model performance through validation, back-testing, assumption review, and recommendation of ongoing improvements.
- Develop tools, templates, and documentations for stress testing, risk analysis and process improvement purposes.
- Coordinate research and reconciliation efforts among internal partners within Wholesale, across lines of business and corporate areas.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, and provide presentations, reports, and documentations for management and stress-testing.
- Monthly Yield and Volume analysis during the Close process.
- Integrating analyses of multiple businesses balance sheet.
- Directing improvements to asset-liability management models and overseeing testing and implementations of recommended changes.
- Developing performance monitoring and benchmarks to improve asset-liability management analytics at both a corporate and business unit level.
- Providing direction to less experienced analysts and serving as a leader on key strategic projects.
- 6+ years of asset liability management analysis experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0057243 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top