ALM Risk Consultant 3
Wells Fargo’s Corporate Asset/Liability Management (ALM) Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with sharp analytical skills in the areas of interest rate risk (IRR) management, balance sheet dynamics, and economic analysis. The individual will play a key role in the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) initiatives within the team.
The Corporate ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company balance sheet behavior and has a primary responsibility to measure its risk and design risk management strategies. Team members oversee the IRR simulation models of the company’s major business lines, provide management with insight concerning changes that they see in the risk profile, and contribute to the generation of risk management strategies.
This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet, approach to IRR modeling, and add value to the development of FTP forecasting (methodologies, production processes, analyses) incorporation to existing IRR management practice.
Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, sound critical thinking, outstanding analytical skills, and solid problem-solving capabilities are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building, establishing, and maintaining ALM’s capabilities to meet FTP forecasting requirements.
- Partnering with peers and corporate/business unit subject matter experts, develop new/sustainable ALM production processes unique to FTP.
- Day-to-day ALM model updates, maintenance, and iterations ranging from current balance sheet build, fair valuation, to earnings simulation.
- Issue research, component analysis, resolution, and articulate to business groups in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform net income simulation under various scenarios, including stress testing and extreme rate movements.
- Assist Manager, Balance Sheet Management group, and Market Risk Group, to implement complex forecasting assumptions into model.
- Participate in model test cycles to ensure smooth implementation of new model structure and/or assumptions, also ensure appropriate process change documentations are kept.
- Work on the development of complex models to extract and manipulate data to provide statistical and financial modeling of both the company and individual business units.
- Analyze and summarize model output, including identification and quantification of exposure.
- Implementation of new model version, and back-testing processes.
- Support other ALM production group initiatives as needed.
- 3+ years of asset liability management analysis experience
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting, finance, or economics
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Strong classroom presence and presentation skills with a dynamic presentation style
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) in-depth modeling knowledge
- Knowledge of financial institution balance sheet fundamentals, product offerings, and IRR practices
- Experience with ALM software, especially QRM
- Superior quantitative, leadership, and critical thinking skills
- 3+ year experience performing asset/liability risk modeling and analysis
- Experience forecasting and analyzing net interest income & balance sheet behavior
- Detail oriented, accurate, organized, excellent judgment
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo’s balance sheet/legal entity structure/product offerings
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028898 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top