ALM Risk Consultant 3
Let's talk about building a rewarding career
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses.
Corporate Finance plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results, manages the company's balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; and leads corporate strategy.
Corporate Finance identifies areas of financial risk and mitigates efforts appropriately. It works with capital markets to provide lowest possible costs of incremental funding, subject to capital and financial risk management constraints. It improves financial performance by analyzing business unit performance and recommending areas of improvement. The group strives for excellence in customer service and client support by exhibiting behavior that is fair, reasonable, ethical, and professional.
The ALM Group performs quantitative analysis of the company' s balance sheet behavior and has the primary responsibility of measuring interest rate risk and designing risk management strategies. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of Wells Fargo's balance sheet and add value to interest rate risk management practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performing complex market risk analyses to measure total company Asset Liability Management (ALM) economic exposure, or expected earnings volatility, in support of management decision-making primarily resulting from the WFC deposit portfolios.
- Performing deposit risk analyses on individual business units or products and communicating impacts
- Integrating analyses of multiple businesses balance sheet performance and risk exposures to present company aggregate risk profile;
- Working on the development of complex deposit models to extract and manipulate data to provide statistical and financial modeling for deposits both at the company and individual business units
- Working on deposit model validation and back-testing processes
- Working with business units to create, support and document deposit modeling assumptions
- Leading preparation of regulatory reports
- Coordinating deposit research and reconciliation efforts between corporate asset-liability management, other corporate finance areas and business unit finance groups
- Leading the development of tools and templates used for deposit risk analysis.
- Tracking and monitoring deposit assumptions put in QRM by lines of business units.
The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail and sound critical thinking.
- 3+ years of asset liability management analysis experience
- 3+ years of HP ALM experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- A Master of Business Administration or designation as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 3+ years of experience with analytical methods used in statistical analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Ability to analyze quantitative or qualitative data
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, forecasting and analyzing interest income and balance sheet behavior
- Knowledge and understanding of technology: capacity management disciplines and forecasting techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of portfolio risk models and management techniques
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Essbase and/or SmartView experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Knowledge and understanding of asset liability or liquidity management software, especially QRM
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in financial services, balance sheet forecasting and analyzing net interest income & balance sheet behavior for loans and/or deposits with an understanding in net interest margin, product pricing and profitability
- Dedicated, highly motivated individual with the ability to meet multiple deliverables in compressed timeframes, while consistently exuding positive energy.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0028898 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top