Affluent Segment Leader
At Wells Fargo, our vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. In this role, you will help us deliver on our vision and build lifelong relationships with our customers. You also will demonstrate leadership through contributing to a company culture that supports customers in achieving their financial goals, team members in developing their careers, and communities in continuing to thrive. As part of a team that serves one in three American households, you will play a vital role in living our commitment to the highest ethical standards and maintaining the valued trust of our customers and communities.
The Affluent Segment Leader is responsible for driving the success of Wells Fargo's Affluent Customer Strategy (ACS). Success with the strategy is defined as attaining asset, referral, revenue, and customer satisfaction goals for the Premier Banker job family. Success also includes building a strong regional partnership program between Community Banking and Wealth Management, as well as other key partner businesses such as Business Banking, Home Mortgage (and Private Mortgage Banking) and Wells Fargo Insurance.
If not licensed at time of application, candidate must acquire all required license certifications within 180 days of job offer.
Key areas of focus for the Affluent Segment Leader role:
- Facilitate partnerships with Wealth Management, Business Banking, Private Mortgage and Home Mortgage and other key business partners
- Conduct regular team meetings with key partners and serve as the subject matter experts on affluent segment tools and resources as part of the Premier Banker ongoing learning and development
- Coordinate regularly with Branch Managers, District Managers (DM), Region Bank Presidents(RBP), and Wealth partners to maintain focus on the Affluent Customer Segment
- Meet on a regular basis with Community Bank leadership (RBP, DM) to review Premier Banker group performance and partnership opportunities and strategy
- Provide input to Branch Managers and DMs to identify potential Premier Bankers from among the Licensed Banker ranks
- Support the career development process by identifying high-potential Premier Bankers and identify opportunities for them to explore options
- Coordinate and partner with ACS Learning and Development to recommend and/or establish training for Premier Bankers on key activities relating to their roles (including loan and deposit acquisition, customer needs assessments, and referrals)
- Oversee at a managerial level training provided to Licensed Bankers
- Drive best practice sharing and elevate segment awareness through education
- Develop plans and support execution to have Premier Bankers act as coach and mentor within their branch. This is intended to help elevate the professionalism of the Licensed Bankers and Personal Bankers on their team.
- The majority of the Affluent Segment Leader time should be spent on coaching with managers and Community Bank leadership.
- Affluent Segment Leader should spend limited time on administrative and conference call activities and efficiently allocate time to cover multiple locations both in-person and remotely.
- Conduct joint client meetings, pre/post call planning, pipeline reviews, etc.
- Partner closely with RBP's, DM's and Branch Managers to regularly review performance, partnership activities, Quarterly Business plans, assess the performance and effectiveness of individual Premier Bankers and quarterly performance review of Performance Planning & Review.
The Affluent Segment Leader will work closely with their Regional Affluent Segment Director to share regional insights and ensure knowledge of and alignment with National ACS program developments.
Location: Supports districts within Orange County and Central Los Angeles County Regions
- 5+ years of experience in performance coaching, performance management, or a combination of both in the financial services industry
- Knowledge and understanding of the retail banking environment and affluent client markets
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Ability to foster effective partnerships
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Experience in coaching and influencing management, as well as experience with the affluent or high net worth customer
- Experience operating effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Registration for FINRA Series 7 and 63 must be completed within 180 days of hire date if it is not available for transfer upon hire. FINRA recognized equivalents will be accepted.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
CA-Irvine: 2030 Main St - Irvine, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0042649 COMMUNITY BKG
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top