Advice & Portfolio Specialist
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of intelligent and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo Advisors (WFA): Wells Fargo Advisors operates the nation’s third-largest Brokerage business with 15,134 Financial Advisors and 3,883 licensed bankers in retail stores across the U.S. Wells Fargo Advisors administer $1.4 trillion in client assets. Unprecedented choice and flexibility for Financial Advisors and their clients is provided through distinct business channels supported by established products, services and technology.
The Advice & Portfolio Specialist team is a one-stop-shop for strategy, research, and portfolio construction guidance. This team of professionals has decades of investment experience and consults with Financial Advisors on how to bring together the strategy and research from the Wells Fargo Investment Institute (WFII), the Advisory Services Group (ASG) and our correspondent research providers into a portfolio.
The role (WIM Practices & Bus Dev Cons 2) includes the support of advice technology and implementation vehicles, such as Envision® Plan to PieSM, ResearchCenter, My Homepage, Advice Engine, and our broad suite of portfolio analysis and review services. The Advice & Portfolio Specialists serve as the internal counterparts to the field-facing Regional Advice Officers. Their collaborative efforts help Financial Advisors deliver quality advice to all investors.
- In this field facing role, this team member will consult with financial advisors on strategy, research, and portfolio construction to help them construct balanced portfolios and implement quality advice.
- The successful candidate will act as key liaison across Products & Advice, Regional Advice Officers, and business channels to develop actionable content around strategy, research, and advice.
- This individual will provide hands-on support to implement that content via phone, email, and in person consultations with financial advisors by:
- Effectively communicating with the firm’s analysts, strategists and product specialists.
- Linking investment themes to the appropriate products and solutions.
- Producing market commentary and news items of interest for Financial Advisors and their clients.
- Writing and creating content for advice publications.
- Participating in internal audio and video broadcasts to the field.
- 3+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business development or financial services consulting
- Successfully completed FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or 66) exams to qualify for immediate registration (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Knowledge and understanding of retail brokerage or capital markets industry
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Designation
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or demonstrated progress toward the designation
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0051819 WEALTH INV MGMT/WIM PSI
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top