Advanced Analytics & Modeling Leader (Analytic Manager 4)
Wells Fargo’s Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision – and design every product and service – with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.The Team
The Advanced Analytics & Modeling Leader will report to Aaron Drago, Analytics Leader who is based in Charlotte, NC; and will build and lead a team of 5-7 highly skilled data scientists/quantitative analysts.
The Home Lending Production Business Insights team is seeking an Advanced Analytics & Modeling Leader to oversee the introduction, implementation and maturation of advanced analytical methods into the Fulfillment and National Underwriting Production Risk Management (NUPRM) Analytics organization in an effort to provide line of business support and direction around enhancing Customer interactions and improving overall performance improvement.
This role will require strong analytical background thought leadership and management skills. This individual must have proven experience in analytics and modeling in a financial industry. Successful candidate must have proven ability to effectively liaison across and within business functions, and experience in managing/leading teams.
This role is critical to provide appropriate and actionable insights to enhance customer experiences, become more efficient and improve holistic performance in a competitive marketplace. This leader will be responsible for providing insight and prescriptive direction to the senior leaders of the Retail Fulfillment business. They will have influence on the strategic decision making related to staffing, performance management, risk controls and process designs.
Specifically this leader will:
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Identify unique opportunities to collect new data
- Generate algorithms and create computer models
- Conduct statistical modeling and experiment design
- Work with others to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues
- Strategically manage engagement with Senior Executives and Retail Production Management
- Provide strong thought leadership, communication, and relationship management skills
- Proactively lead, motivate and effectively liaise across and within business functions
- Drive teams to operate at a high level of operational excellence
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
Other Desired Qualifications
Beyond experience, the right personal style and attitude are critical to success in this role:
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one of the following statistical related fields: applied mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or engineering
- A Master’s degree or higher
- A seasoned financial services executive with significant experience leading a business analytics, modeling or finance organization
- Mortgage Operations or equivalent experience or the ability to apply operations research methodology other industries to mortgage fulfillment operations
- Ability to develop and integrate statistical/analytical approaches to operational activities for performance optimization
- Strategic leadership creating and achieving a desired future state vision through influence on individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, initiate action plans, manage change, make high impact decisions and complete challenging assignments
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex analysis and insights into relevant business discussions with diverse groups of leaders and organizations
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic plan within a business and lead it to completion
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs to address those issues
- A seasoned leader who embodies the core vision and values that is a tenet of the Wells Fargo “way of doing business”
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212276 WF CONSLNDG GRP
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top