Advanced Analytics Mgr 5
- Bangalore, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Product, Analytics and Modeling (PAM). EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
About the Role
As part of Corporate Risk, Wells Fargo's Model Risk (CMoR) organization provides effective challenge and risk management for models used at Wells Fargo through policy, governance and model validation work across the enterprise. CMoR a global organization with operations in several major U.S. Locations, Argentina and India. We are seeking a highly qualified person for a senior model risk manager role to lead and manage our Model Risk Operations in Bangalore, India.
This highly visible position will report dotted line to the Model Risk Officer for Wells Fargo, manage a team of highly experienced model risk management professionals and interact with various key stakeholders such as model risk governance, model validation team managers, developers, model owners, LOB model governance, cross functional model risk oversight, internal audit, and regulators. This role therefore requires someone with the ability to develop and maintain strong strategic partnerships and articulate the requirements of an industry leading model risk management practice. The ability to communicate with different audiences (technical staff, senior management, internal stakeholders, and regulators) both verbally and in writing is critical. The team operates in a fast paced environment and the ability to multi-task and meet strict timelines is critical.
- Provide leadership for an operation of 40-50 quant skill set risk oriented team members validating models.
- Provide oversight and signoff on model validation work done by the team.
- Coordinate systematic training and development for the validation team
- Manage the day to day operations of the validation team
- Provide input and leadership on process improvement initiatives for the India based team and broader CMoR operations.
- Stakeholder management: engage both internal (developers, risk managers, auditors) and external (regulators) stakeholders to communicate model validation process and standards
- Identify and work to reduce model risk according to Bank's model risk policies and standards.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 10+ years of experience in model development and /or model risk management
- 5+ years of leadership experience in model risk management
- A master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, or computer science
- 15+ years of experiences in financial institutions with a strong background in either model development or model validation. Previous managerial experiences are required.
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements: SR 11-7, industry standards on model validation, model risk management, and stress testing, extensive expertise and keen insight on model risk management process and future direction, expertise in defining performance metrics, and risk reduction techniques
- A Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematical Finance/Economics or Computer Science, with experiences in numerical methods such as Monte Carlo simulation and finite difference.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top