Accounting Ops Analyst 4
- Chennai, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers' expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Wells Fargo Wholesale Controllers Group has an exciting opportunity for a motivated accounting professional. This group is focused on maintaining strong financial controls, providing accurate financial reporting, ensuring proper accounting via robust processes, and utilizing automated and complex tools.
About the Role
This position will be an important member of a growing team of Finance and Accounting professionals supporting the Wholesale Controller's team. Key processes performed in the USA will be transitioned to this team incrementally with the goal of growing this team significantly. This team will work with USA Controller teams to transition work, perform the work, and report results.
- The work will evolve as the team grows and stabilizes but will start with reviewing financial statements, accounting, reconciliations, and aggregating data for analysis, reporting and journal entries. Analysis will include period-over-period variances, trends, aging, capital calculations and reserve adjustments.
- Month and quarter end closing activities and financial account monitoring will also be required. This team will also support the preparation and review of management and regulatory reports and data submissions.
- The team will access key systems and provide system table maintenance. The team will also handle a variety of research and ad hoc requests. The team may also be responsible for managing small projects and may support audit requests.
- Over time, this team will help drive efficiency and automation of these processes.
- This team will also build a center of excellence capability responsible for partnering across the Controller teams to ensure data analytic needs are met, including automation of processes for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness.
- Bachelor's/ Post graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5 to 7 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, accounting, analytics, financial reporting, accounting reporting or risk reporting
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
Market Skills and Certifications
- Knowledge of USA regulatory agencies (ie SEC, OCC, FED) and related reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles: statutory and GAAP
- Knowledge of banking and lending
- Knowledge and understanding of data management concepts, process, and tools
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Experience with data analytic tools (such as Essbase, Access, SAS and/or SQL)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top