Accounting Ops Analyst 4
- Chennai, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The Controllers team performs various accounting related functions that support the Business Units of Credit Card & Retail Services, Small Business Lending, Innovation and Marketing. Primary responsibilities will include performing balance sheet reconciliations, various monthly regulatory reporting, manual journal entries, month end variance analysis and functions related to daily payment balancing. Payment balancing is a function which includes ensuring all payments and advances made on credit card accounts were posted by the system of record.
About the Role
The role requires a developed understanding of Enterprise Finance functional areas and responsible for internal financial management reporting to support the enterprise, working with business partners in conducting in-depth research of financial, operating and analyzing, interpreting and report findings.
Also team member will closely work with multiple functions and strategies within Finance, Accounting, Regulatory, Risk, Operations and also may be involved in multiple strategic initiatives across the organization in parallel with all the below daily responsibilities and requirements.
Should be a motivated professional to join the Controllers team and possess strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- VISA invoice allocation and Other Loan GL correction and Credit Card related entries for posting to the general ledger
- Reviewing general ledger and system of record data, completing research, analysis and eOne reconciliations
- Monthly volume reporting to AMEX for incentives
- Providing data for financial regulatory reports
- Establishing an effective preventative and detective internal controls structure to ensure accurate financial accounting and reporting
- Establishing strong relationships with business partners and working closely to understand impacts
- Preparing of data for financial regulatory reports related to Treasury International Capital (TIC)
- Preparing daily/monthly journal entries to ensure accuracy of financial statements
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor's/ Post graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years' experience in finance ops or accounting ops roles such as financial forecasting & reporting, monthly closing, forecasting and planning, financial planning analysis, cost allocation & costing, balance sheet, revenue & expense forecasting, transfer pricing, ALM & Treasury, reconciliation, capital markets, GL accounting, financial analytics & consulting , accounting reporting and risk reporting
- Day-to-day activities will vary but heavily oriented toward detailed analysis of Accounting information, creating current state and future state comparisons, and collaborating with others to successfully implement changes within the team
- Duties are accounting based operational processes, month-end accounting tasks, and special assignments which directly impacts the accuracy of loan level downstream Regulatory and SEC reporting
- Preparing entries for posting to the general ledger
- Providing data for financial regulatory reports
- Ability to work both independently and within team environment across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform complex analyses, build financial models, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- 5 + years of experience in accounting operations roles with 4 + years of financial analysis and accounting experience
- Experience with data analytic tools (such as Essbase)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with Credit Card operations, Small Business Lending, RDR application (Accounting Engine) or FDR (Credit Card System of Record)
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top