Accounting Ops Analyst 4
- Chennai, India
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
About Enterprise Global Services
Enterprise Global Services (EGS) enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting over half of Wells Fargo's business lines and staff functions across Technology, Business Services, Risk Services and Knowledge Services. EGS operates in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Chennai in India and in Manila, Philippines. Learn more about EGS at our International Careers website .
The CLG Accounting team performs various mortgage accounting functions for Business Units, such as the Consumer Lending Group (CLG). The accounting operations functions within Consumer Lending Accounting is primarily responsible for performing general ledger mortgage accounting loan transfers and validations, as well as reconciliation and resolution functions, in support of CLG.
The Cards Accounting team performs 3 main functions related to payment balancing, reconciliation, and manual journal entries. Payment balancing is a balancing process to ensure all payments and advances (cash advances and overdraft protection advances) that were made by Wells Fargo credit card customers are posted to the credit card system of record. Reconciliation and manual journal entries functions are in regards to Card and Marketing AU's.
About the Role
The role requires a developed understanding of enterprise finance functional areas and responsible for internal financial management reporting to support the enterprise, working with business partners in conducting in-depth research of financial, operating and analyzing, interpreting and report findings.
Also team member will closely work with multiple functions and strategies within Finance, Accounting, Regulatory, Risk, Operations and also will be involved in multiple strategic initiatives across the organization in parallel with all the below daily responsibilities and requirements.
Domain Finance knowledge is required to lead the analysis of highly complex business problems across all business units that they will then solve and look for opportunities in automation of process solutions. Recommending business strategies or approaches and providing input to business strategic plans based on various analysis.
- Day-to-day activities will vary but heavily oriented towards Loan accounting, GL corrections, Invoice management, Repurchased Loans and Service Fee Monitoring and adjustments and Credit Card Controllership activities.
- Duties are accounting based operational processes, month-end/ Quarterly accounting/reviewing tasks, and special assignments on Real Estate Owned wire allocation, Service Transfer Payoff for Repurchased loans and identifications and transfer of Held for Sale (HFS) loans to Held for Investment (HFI) loans
- Preparing Loan Amendment, Corporate Cash Affiliate & Non Affiliate , VISA invoice allocation and Other Loan GL correction and Credit Card related entries for posting to the general ledger
- Reviewing general ledger and system of record data, completing research, analysis and eOne reconciliations
- Monthly volume reporting to AMEX for incentives
- Providing data for financial regulatory reports
- Performing detailed research of data and processes, analyzing, interpreting and reporting findings for the Held for Investment and Held for Sale portfolios utilizing Excel, Access, ESSBASE/Smartview and Financial reporting systems (Eagle Web, Oracle GL, IRIS Web, OBIEE )
- Establishing an effective preventative and detective internal controls structure to ensure accurate financial accounting and reporting
- Establishing strong relationships with business partners and working closely to understand impacts
- Calendaring the GL FAC 9682 Report to each client
- Preparing of data for financial regulatory reports related to Treasury International Capital (TIC)
Market Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor's/ Post graduate in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience in finance ops or accounting ops roles such as financial forecasting & reporting, monthly closing, forecasting and planning, financial planning analysis, cost allocation & costing, balance sheet, revenue & expense forecasting, transfer pricing, ALM & Treasury, reconciliation, capital markets, GL accounting, financial analytics & consulting, accounting reporting and Risk Reporting
- Ability to work both independently and within team environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform complex analyses, build financial models, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
- Knowledge of Excel, Power point
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting operations roles
- Experience with data analytic tools (such as Essbase, Access and/or SQL) & familiarity with Microsoft office products
- Previous experience in creating/build models to predict financial outcomes and perform analysis
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Back to top