Accountant 3 - Indirect Tax Group
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people – those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
As a part of Enterprise Finance, the Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF) indirect tax group is seeking an Accountant 3 to support property tax administration activities. WFEF is a nationwide equipment finance company offering a full range of loan and lease products to businesses for all of their equipment needs.
The Accountant 3 will be responsible for performing various tasks in support of WFEF tax compliance initiatives. These tasks may include preparing and reviewing property tax returns, performing validation of sales and property tax coding, addressing tax related requests that come in from WFEF customers, and researching tax issues that may arise,.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs moderately complex to complex activities associated with maintaining sales and property tax ledger accounts and sales and property tax data used to support accurate tax returns.
- Duties may include: preparing property tax returns; reviewing data from the general ledger and supporting systems of record to ensure accuracy; reviewing entries for reporting systems; gathering and reviewing data for financial reports and tax returns; assisting with the administration of tax audits; preparing account reconciliations and certifications; performing a variety of analyses or projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems.
- Provides functional advice or training to lower level accounting positions.
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
- CPA-Certified Public Accountant designation
- Strong accounting skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment finance and leasing
Other Desired Qualifications
- Equipment finance business experience and/or indirect tax administration experience
- Knowledge of equipment finance contractual documentation
- Equipment leasing experience
- Property tax administration experience
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0212222 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Business Online Banking Specialist Representative
Veiongo secures Wells Fargo’s online business banking transactions and customer subscriptions and manages customer-care issues, including password sign-ins, account verifications, and document authorizations.
Back to top