Let's talk about building a rewarding career
You've got the passion. You've got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you'll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide a supportive environment in which to learn and grow.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories .
The Wells Fargo Wholesale Controllers Group has an exciting opportunity for a motivated accounting professional. This group is focused on maintaining strong financial controls, providing accurate financial reporting, ensuring proper accounting via robust processes, and utilizing automated/complex tools.
This position will be part of the Wells Fargo Wholesale Group Controllers team that supports WF Capital Finance (WFCF), a line of business in the Wholesale Division. We are looking for a strong accountant to add value to the line of business through sophisticated accounting guidance. The accountant will perform complex activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial reports.
- Conducting qualitative variance analysis of WFCF business lines and segments
- Maintaining knowledge of current accounting practices
- Identifying and implementing new accounting policies and procedures that impact WFCF
- Ensuring compliance with internal and external accounting principles and policies
- Creating, implementing and maintaining processes to ensure financial reporting accuracy
- Assisting in the month-end close process
- Maintaining the General Ledger, which includes the management of the chart of accounts, and creation of new accounts, AU's, companies and CAAS combinations, as required
- Reconciling key GL Accounts
- Assist in key Accounting Projects geared toward automation of manual processes and technical accounting
- Reviewing transactions and balances from the general ledger, unit reports and various financial loan systems to ensure accuracy
- Other tasks as assigned, including technical accounting review and white papers
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in accounting
- CPA-Certified Public Accountant designation
- Strong accounting skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Microsoft Excel spreadsheets experience importing, exporting, and manipulating data
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
- Ability to prepare presentations, management reporting, and statistical analysis
- Ability to be proactive, innovative and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0116256 CORPORATE FINANCE
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top