Account Rep Surety
Responsible for providing internal support and sales on all types of Surety Bonds (permit bonds, contract bonds, bid, performance and payment, license and other miscellaneous bonds). Duties include: marketing new bonds and maintaining renewals; monitoring workflow of bond department; responding phone calls from customers requesting new or additional bond limits; evaluating bond needs for customers and negotiating with Surety underwriters; understanding compliance issues involving multi-state insurance agents licensing and adhering to Surety granted lines of authority.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
It was recently announced that Wells Fargo Insurance Services will be sold to USI Insurance Services (USI). The sale is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2017. We are continuing to recruit for all open positions supporting Wells Fargo Insurance Services, but want to ensure you are aware that when the sale closes this position will be transferred to USI. If you are offered the position and begin working at Wells Fargo, you should expect to transfer with the sale to USI with similar employment terms and conditions following your Wells Fargo start date.
- 6+ months of financial services experience
- Property & Casualty Insurance Licenses
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supporting commercial sales executives in the sale of surety bonds (permit bonds, contract bonds, bid, performance, payment, and license)
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance issues that involve multi-state insurance agents licensing and adhering to Surety Company granted lines of authority
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience supporting commercial sales executives in the sale of surety bonds (permit, contract, bid, performance, payment and license bonds)
- Knowledge of Nexsure, Surepath, Sagitta or similar agency management system experience
- Experience with construction type risks
- Designated insurance license requirements must be completed within 180 days of hire date. Compliance with state law requirements is required.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
0045428 WHOLESALE BANKING
Meet Some of Wells Fargo's Employees
Lauren audits Wells Fargo’s financial reports to assess accuracy and risk. She reviews processes in place, analyzes management controls, and communicates calculations and findings with business partners.
Back to top